Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get Your M65 at AIM

Site Supporter
    I think a guns value depends on its condition and other things like desirability and availability. I just question the value for the condition of theses trade in revolvers. There is used and used/ worn out. I often see guns that are heavily used but are priced way too high. At my LGS any revolver in good condition at a reasonable price is gone in a few days. Deals are out there. I got a nice 4” pre model 10 (1948?) for $270. I bought a very nice S&W 2.5” model 19 earlier this year for $550; last week I put a very nice 4” S&W model 29-2 on layaway for $1000 bucks which I thought was a bargain for the model, barrel length, age and condition. The 29-2 has a great action and is tight. I can’t wait to shoot it. I need to order wood roper stocks for it

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Which, to be fair, was likely marked at $350 because it needed professional repair.
    Lol, good burn.

But it did take a couple thousand RDS to get to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I bought my GP100 in 1999 for $350 NIB. I sold it 15 years later to a friend for $350. He got a deal and I got to shoot a GP100 for free for 15 years.

I haven't see a decent used DA revolver for less than $400 in years. Most have been pushing $500+. N-Frames are minimum $600 for stuff like later model, but pre-hillary-hole, 629s.

My last revolver purchase, 6-7 years ago, was a K32 with cosmetic issues I was all too happy to pay $500 for. I got lucky on that one as that gun is easily a $1k gun in collectors' circles. There simply aren't any $200-$300 GP100s, M10s, etc. At the "Nation's Gun Show" in Chantilly this weekend, used GP100s were $400+. Vintage S&Ws were $500 and up. However, NIB J-frames could be had for $400 or so.

I'm pretty much done buying non-j-frame revolvers. The market has climbed too high and I can't justify the investment. I have all of the ones I want and am better off spending money on ammo or training.

Chris
    I'm really pleasantly surprised with the $250 m64 I just got. Trigger is decent. Sights are dead on for my 158gr reloads.

Quite a few dings but it could be refinished. What more do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    $225 would have been, like, 1984 used pricing, if the GP had been on the market back then.
    More like early-to-mid 90s when the rush to bottom feeders was on. I recall one gun show with an 8’ table covered in 3” GP100s, $179 apiece.

To put some of these numbers into perspective, the 1987 retail for blued GPs was $340, with the stainless versions listed at a retail of $370. 370 1987 dollars is $834 and change today. FWIW.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List