Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get Your M65 at AIM

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

Get Your M65 at AIM

$420 for a 4" Model 65.

Plus: DAO

Minus: Soul-leaking hole.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Those holes outgas rotten Hilary breath.

I’d love to add a 65 to my K-frame collection, but the hole is a deal-breaker.

Site Supporter
    I think that AIMs recent LEO trade ins are over priced. But revolvers are getting more and more expensive; but it’s one thing for an old NIB S&W. A beat up duty gun is another story. $225 for the GP100s and I would have tried to buy a few

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I think that AIMs recent LEO trade ins are over priced. But revolvers are getting more and more expensive; but it’s one thing for an old NIB S&W. A beat up duty gun is another story. $225 for the GP100s and I would have tried to buy a few
    $225 would have been, like, 1984 used pricing, if the GP had been on the market back then.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

We really need to start having some threads on how about how revolvers suck, nobody should buy them, and they are a massive liability that Operator people should divest immediately.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

I'm not sure about GP100 pricing, but I haven't seen used revolvers priced at what people "think" they should be priced at for about 10 years now. That was the last time I saw S&W LE/security duty guns on a brick'n'mortar counter for ~$200-$280, and they were complete rattle traps that I doubt would have fired all 6 cylinders.

I hear about people buying VG condition Model 19s for $400 and scoffing at $700-800 going rate for an excellent condition 2.5" Model 19, but I can barely find gunsmith specials for $400.

For the condition as described, the Model 65 featured in the OP sounds like a fair price.
    Last edited by TGS; 07-29-2019 at 02:17 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I'm not sure about GP100 pricing, but I haven't seen used revolvers priced at what people "think" they should be priced at for about 10 years now. That was the last time I saw S&W LE/security duty guns on a brick'n'mortar counter for ~$200-$280, and they were complete rattle traps that I doubt would have fired all 6 cylinders.

I hear about people buying VG condition Model 19s for $400 and scoffing at $700-800 going rate for an excellent condition 2.5" Model 19, but I can barely find gunsmith specials for $400.

For the condition as described, the Model 65 featured in the OP sounds like a fair price.
    I got this one last year for $350 at a lgs
    Name:  Resized_20180622_211143.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  82.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I got this one last year for $350 at a lgs
    Which, to be fair, was likely marked at $350 because it needed professional repair.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    $225 would have been, like, 1984 used pricing, if the GP had been on the market back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

I bought my GP100 in 1999 for $350 NIB. I sold it 15 years later to a friend for $350. He got a deal and I got to shoot a GP100 for free for 15 years.

I haven't see a decent used DA revolver for less than $400 in years. Most have been pushing $500+. N-Frames are minimum $600 for stuff like later model, but pre-hillary-hole, 629s.

My last revolver purchase, 6-7 years ago, was a K32 with cosmetic issues I was all too happy to pay $500 for. I got lucky on that one as that gun is easily a $1k gun in collectors' circles. There simply aren't any $200-$300 GP100s, M10s, etc. At the "Nation's Gun Show" in Chantilly this weekend, used GP100s were $400+. Vintage S&Ws were $500 and up. However, NIB J-frames could be had for $400 or so.

I'm pretty much done buying non-j-frame revolvers. The market has climbed too high and I can't justify the investment. I have all of the ones I want and am better off spending money on ammo or training.

Chris

User Tag List