Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got an email from the webmaster at pistol forum.com

Banned

I got an email from the webmaster at pistol forum.com

Asking me to sign a petition to reform the NRA. Did you guys actually send this or is it spam?

Site Supporter
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

huh. I'm more annoyed I didn't get an email.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

damnit.
    ok, i'm one of those "that guy"'s that had the wrong email account in his profile.
    FIXED!
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    A large percentage of PF members (many of whom are still active on the site) have changed their email addresses but never updated their profile info. As a result, PF gets a ton of bounced email. At one point I used to ask those people to please update their email address, but after a handful of angry/pissy responses about how that was none of my business, I stopped.

For a while I’d just set their accounts to not send out notifications (since trying to monitor bounced email to see what’s from email providers blocking PF became difficult when there are thousands of other bounced messages from people with abandoned email accounts), but ultimately also stopped doing that since it required direct database manipulation and that’s sort of a risky pain in the ass.

Last week I went through the bounced email in an attempt to help a member that said he was not receiving email from PF. The amount of bounced email from the message LL sent out was staggering — and meant it took over an over to confirm that there was no email problem (other than perhaps filtering not his end) for the guy saying he wasn’t getting email from PF.

TL;DR: update your email address in your profile and/or check your spam filters/folders.
    I just received mine today, so there may be a delay since it was first mentioned.

That was (sort of) covered in the thread linked to above in post number 2. Email is batched/throttled (for a variety of reasons) and sent out sequentially in order by member/user ID. hujnagel’s ID is over 10,000 lower than yours. His was one of the first sent out.
    Interesting. Mine came in yesterday.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

You’ve got a fairly high user ID.
    I’ve always been a "late bloomer."
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    You’ve got a fairly high user ID.
    1/IQ?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    1/IQ?
    He's no Mister X, in other words.

(Fortunately, for us...)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

That was (sort of) covered in the thread linked to above in post number 2. Email is batched/throttled (for a variety of reasons) and sent out sequentially in order by member/user ID. hujnagel’s ID is over 10,000 lower than yours. His was one of the first sent out.
    Seriously? the j and the f aren't even CLOSE to each other.
    Ex mods are total shits.

User Tag List