Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What a Country

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Was that Ruffs, right by the underpass under the train tracks by old downtown?
    I honestly don't recall the name, that was back in 2000 but that's the location. If you look at Google Streets, the business is still there but I don't see the drive-thru.

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.1974...7i16384!8i8192
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    There's a place here where you can buy a cooked lunch, gasoline, beer, a pistol, and a bucket of Tramontina machetes. I should point out, it's all legal. The patrons are mostly cowboys and Hispanic field hands.

In days past, the local IGA grocery store had a small section that had guns, ammo, reloading stuff and basic useful related odds and ends. I bought a Smith model 29 Mountain Gun there when they came out. Asked a checker to find manager, he did the paperwork, he took the gun to a checker aisle, laid it on the grocery conveyor, she ran the conveyor and rang it up, I paid. The receipt was the small, old school paper register receipt, IGA header, and for items it just said "Gun......$330.00" plus the tax etc below. I saved it, its fun to look at now and then.

Edit: This reminds me of the line of a Charlie Russell story, "Like all things that happen thats worth while, it happened a long time ago....."
    Last edited by Malamute; 07-28-2019 at 07:05 AM.

User Tag List