Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I like fishing shirts

I like fishing shirts

All of a sudden, I noticed that I prefer these. I keep on getting holes in them from AIWB, but I love the lightweight material. Any recommendations for similar shirts?

https://amzn.to/30OegQi
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Curious. What gun?
    My HK P2KSK tore up a lot of shirts. I think the decocker was the culprit. My G19 has been a lot friendlier.

Sorry no suggestions on the fishing shirts, the one I own is gathering dust in the closet. #makesmelookfat
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I know Bean sells or used to similar stuff, often in their "sale / reduced" area. I've got some short sleeve versions that have been hanging in the closet for years which I may have worn once or twice.

(I tend to wear shirts I can pull on as opposed to button-ups unless I have little choice in the matter. Guess I just never grew up.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    LL,

I have an Izod Saltwater shirt that is lightweight enough for comfort, but thick enough to be just about ideal for concealed carry. I would love to find more of these.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    All of a sudden, I noticed that I prefer these. I keep on getting holes in them from AIWB, but I love the lightweight material. Any recommendations for similar shirts?
    Switch to Beretta. I wear Columbia and carry AIWB and no holes. If you can't bring yourself to do the right thing, Columbia has more than one weight of fishing shirt material. I've found the lighter (lightest?) weight is not that durable. My med kit in my truck is strapped to the headrest, and the strap chewed up a couple of those shirts. If you've got cheese grater stippling on your G, that would eat right through them.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Curious. What gun?
    My HK P2KSK tore up a lot of shirts. I think the decocker was the culprit. My G19 has been a lot friendlier.

Sorry no suggestions on the fishing shirts, the one I own is gathering dust in the closet. #makesmelookfat
    G19X and G17. A better question would be "what sights?" Ameriglos are easier on my shirts than my Trijicons.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Switch to Beretta. I wear Columbia and carry AIWB and no holes. If you can't bring yourself to do the right thing, Columbia has more than one weight of fishing shirt material. I've found the lighter (lightest?) weight is not that durable. My med kit in my truck is strapped to the headrest, and the strap chewed up a couple of those shirts. If you've got cheese grater stippling on your G, that would eat right through them.
    Well shit, that seems a little more expensive than buying new shirts, ENABLER
    #RESIST

Dammmm you beat me to it and already figured it out, should have known

Following with interest. I have not found a better option overall they tend to work well for me. The pullovers from various manufacturers work as well but have the same potential to wear.

I have found the Trijicon rears tear almost anything, the Ameriglo Idot pros are much more clothing friendly.
    It seems like more of a hardware vs clothing issue as any metal pressed and rubbing on a lightweight fabric will win over time.
    Last edited by BJXDS; 07-25-2019 at 08:33 AM.

I have a few left from Sams Club that I like.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    G19X and G17. A better question would be "what sights?" Ameriglos are easier on my shirts than my Trijicons.
    Hmmm... I always figured it was the decocker, not the Meprolights. Similar Mepros on the G19, but, not same placement, obviously.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List