Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Harriet Tubman Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    That's been the talk since Obama's last year or so.
    All the proposed portraits I've seen featured her armed, but then, it's mostly people who think it's awesome that an armed Republican lady is replacing that Democratic slave-owner*...

*I like to refer to the $20 as the "Irony note", but too few folks get it.
    Well, that kills it right there..an armed black lady? The Dems will never go along with that..kinda spoils the "oppressed" image they like to promote, even though they were doing most of the oppressing at that period in time, and long after as well.. History is not a strong point with selective memory Democrats..
    Last edited by ralph; 07-25-2019 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I only go to the movie house about once every 10 years.
    Yeah, me too.

Usually I just wait for stuff to turn up on Netflix, though there are a select few movies which are definitely better seen on the big screen.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

That's been the talk since Obama's last year or so.
    All the proposed portraits I've seen featured her armed, but then, it's mostly people who think it's awesome that an armed Republican lady is replacing that Democratic slave-owner*...

I think today she would have been a Pro 2A Democrat as the parties reversed positions during the Southern Strategy. The RNC became the party that opposed Civil Rights and Equal Opportunities for African Americans through their policies. Especially under Ronald "I Hate Guns and Freedom" Regan under his regime in California.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Well, that kills it right there..an armed black lady? The Dems will never go along with that..kinda spoils the "oppressed" image they like to promote, even though they were doing most of the oppressing at that period in time, and long after as well.. History is not a strong point with selective memory Democrats..
    How so? I would argue it is the Republicans who are terrified of armed black folks. Just look at Reagan and his destroying the 2nd Amendment in California because of the Civil Rights Activists called the Black Panthers. And his destruction of our right to purchase new in box machine guns.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Except that it’s Trump who put the kibosh on Tubman on the $20.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

You mean our celebration of an opponent of central banking on a federal reserve note?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Except that it’s Trump who put the kibosh on Tubman on the $20.

Three current or former high-ranking government officials who served in the Obama administration, and were involved in the design and release of currency, said the Trump administration has not delayed the release of a new $20.

Instead, they say, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin — while expressing indifference about Tubman’s placement on the currency, whereas his predecessor backed the change — has followed a timeline set under the Obama administration for the introduction of the new $20 bill.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.5413e7cccb34

Quote Originally Posted by El Viajero View Post
    How so? I would argue it is the Republicans who are terrified of armed black folks. Just look at Reagan and his destroying the 2nd Amendment in California because of the Civil Rights Activists called the Black Panthers. And his destruction of our right to purchase new in box machine guns.
    How many southern states had laws forbidding blacks from owning firearns in general? During slavery,and after, laws in South Carolina, Florida,Delaware,Mississippi, and Louisiana, required any black person to have a license from the police dept to possess a firearm,At one point in time, Florida had a law that allowed groups of white people called patrols, go into black peoples houses and look for firearms, they did'nt need a search warrant, and if the found any guns, the black person could be punished on the spot however they saw fit.. Regan didn't have anything to do with that, But I suggest the Democrat party did.."Gun Control" laws passed in southern states disarmed black people, and when they were unarmed and defenseless...
    1.They were kept as slaves.
    2.The Goverment (state, and local)could keep them under control
    3."White Patrols" could invade their home anytime
    4.The KKK could terrorize black families and neighborhoods
    5. Mobs could lynch victims with out fear, because black people did'nt have firearms to fight back

And then we get into school segregration again, not Regan,( That was George Wallace in case anyone forgot) voting rights? There's a whole list of things that the Democrat party supported, that were aimed at denying black people any form of equality. Lastly we have LBJ, and his "great society" who got welfare going, and how much did that help? Welfare was designed for one thing..to buy votes.. Dig around into LBJ's past, and you'll find out what a bastard he really was.. Like it or not, history shows us over and over again the Democratic party has done more to deny black folks any form of equality..This is the same Democratic party that was pro- slavery during the civil war..
    Last edited by ralph; 07-26-2019 at 09:31 AM.

How many southern states had laws forbidding blacks from owning firearns in general? During slavery,and after, laws in South Carolina, Florida,Delaware,Mississippi, and Louisiana, required any black person to have a license from the police dept to possess a firearm,At one point in time, Florida had a law that allowed groups of white people called patrols, go into black peoples houses and look for firearms, they did'nt need a search warrant, and if the found any guns, the black person could be punished on the spot however they saw fit.. Regan didn't have anything to do with that, But I suggest the Democrat party did.."Gun Control" laws passed in southern states disarmed black people, and when they were unarmed and defenseless...
    1.They were kept as slaves.
    2.The Goverment (state, and local)could keep them under control
    3."White Patrols" could invade their home anytime
    4.The KKK could terrorize black families and neighborhoods
    5. Mobs could lynch victims with out fear, because black people did'nt have firearms to fight back

And then we get into school segregration again, not Regan,( That was George Wallace in case anyone forgot) voting rights? There's a whole list of things that the Democrat party supported, that were aimed at denying black people any form of equality. Lastly we have LBJ, and his "great society" who got welfare going, and how much did that help? Welfare was designed for one thing..to buy votes.. Dig around into LBJ's past, and you'll find out what a bastard he really was.. Like it or not, history shows us over and over again the Democratic party has done more to deny black folks any form of equality..This is the same Democratic party that was pro- slavery during the civil war..
    SO the next time there's a KKK / Alt Right march we should show up and call them a bunch of Democrats? I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    Three current or former high-ranking government officials who served in the Obama administration, and were involved in the design and release of currency, said the Trump administration has not delayed the release of a new $20.

Instead, they say, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin — while expressing indifference about Tubman’s placement on the currency, whereas his predecessor backed the change — has followed a timeline set under the Obama administration for the introduction of the new $20 bill.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.5413e7cccb34
    But orange man bad.

User Tag List