Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RFI: Nightstick WML for pistols

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wmu12071 View Post
    My TCM 550xl definitely does not fit in a PHLster for a TLR7. I will post some pictures later today.
    This may fail, I am not good at photo posting. Below you should be able to see some photos comparing the 550xl and the TLR7 and TLR1. I like the switching on the 550xl even though it is arguably too easy to activate. The paddles sit higher than a TLR1 and have less movement required to activate. They only activate with a downward push. if you tap it will be continuous if you hold it will go into momentary. If the picture are visible you should be able to see that there is a angle in the front of the TLR7 that is not matched in the 550xl. This is what is stopping the 550xl from seating in the holster as shown. I am hopeful that the 550xl will work with the Tenicor holster as this portion is not molded for a specific light. I will likely have an answer for that on Monday evening.

As far as light output i would say it is comparable to the TLR7 in overall "brightness" to the naked eye. If you shine my two examples on the wall the 550xl will over power the TLR7 but my TLR7 didnt have brand new batteries in it either. the hot spot appears to me to be very similar sized and the color appears whiter with the 550xl.

Just to be clear I am not high speed or low drag. I do not face shoot outside of occasional good fortune on X-box and I'm not even cool enough to have a blog. these are all just first impressions after opening the box.

Site Supporter
    One more data point. Sorry pizza blaster crowd, it does not come with a key for the PX4C and the custom key for the TLR7 does not work. As for the HK guys no clue, sorry.

Site Supporter
    550xl seems to work with the Tenicor SAGAX LUX. I will post pictures later.

Yup, here's my SAGAX with a Glock 19 Gen 5 and the Nightstick TCM-550XL. Definitely fits and the controls are very easy to reach with either my support hand thumb or firing hand index finger. With the light attached the retention gives a nice pop in and out. At the same retention tightness and no light attached it's definitely loose and more of a gun bucket. Even when fully tightened and no light the gun goes in and out with more of a friction fit than a pop.

Name:  BB8E2AD0-728D-4BF1-B696-7BAEA8C59CC6.jpg
Views: 859
Size:  23.0 KBName:  3A9D0634-7CE2-4F35-937D-024179D9E165.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  21.6 KBName:  518E0A97-CB7C-40EE-83BD-F61699DB6AA7.jpg
Views: 1975
Size:  26.6 KB
    Last edited by dfeder530; 07-31-2019 at 05:04 PM.

Site Supporter
    Interesting issue from last nights live fire. I was pretty consistently hitting the paddle on the draw and making the light flash. The first time freaked me out a bit but after that it wasn't an issue. I think this stems from the paddles being located closer to the bore line than on the TLR1.

Site Supporter
    I picked up the compact Nightstick weapon light based in part on Voodoo Man's comments and other in this thread. So far, I am glad I did. This light will very likely end up mounted to my Glock 19 once I obtain a suitable IWB holster for it.

Guys, just an FYI for you all, we have molds coming for these , Glock 17 and 19 to start, more to follow!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Guys, just an FYI for you all, we have molds coming for these , Glock 17 and 19 to start, more to follow!
    Awesome!
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Oh snap, you’re killing me.

I’ve been happy w my Nightstick lights. I’ve got one on my rifle and a couple for pistols. They’ve been good to deal with. I posted an IG post about the NS on my rifle and about how I needed a way to secure the tape switch better. They sent me a kit free of charge. I emailed them about some extra parts for a used TWM-850 I bought. They responded quickly and once again I think they’re sending me the parts free of charge. And I offered to buy them.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Email sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List