Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RFI: Nightstick WML for pistols

RFI: Nightstick WML for pistols

I'm interested in a good alternative to the Streamlight TLR-7 and Inforce APLC and came upon the Nightstick TCM-550XL pistol light. Essentially the same dimensions as the other two I mentioned, but with both aluminum body and seemingly better controls than the TLR-7. Curious if anyone has information on whether or not it's a suitable WML for an EDC gun. I've seen some reviews on their products but not nearly as many as I'd hoped for. Seeing how Streamlight hasn't released their updated controls for the TLR-7 this looks like a promising option at a comparable price.

https://www.baycoproducts.com/produc...item/tcm-550xl

Site Supporter
    I handled both at the NRA meeting in Indianapolis. Nightstick had one really small pistol mounted light, but I found myself going into constant on when I was trying to go into momentary if I did not hold the button for at least 1/2 second. The TLR7 I handled went momentary whenever I wanted momentary, and constant whenever I wanted constant.

Holster compatibility is also a concern.

Nightstick does seem to be doing a lot of other things right, and I like seeing more pistol mounted light options that can actually fit in an IWB holster. I hope they continue to refine their controls and persuade more holster makers to offer compatible holsters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I've got the tlr7 type and the trl1 type versions, both are exceedingly better than their streamlight counter parts. The parts that break are metal, the switches are better and the lights are more focused. Basically everything we ask streamlight for and they ignore.

I'll be doing a write-up as soon as I get the chance to do so.

There is no compatibility issues with the 550xl to regular tlr7 holsters (i've tried several). The only difference with their 850xl vs the tlr1s is that the screw is on the other side of the body and if the holster is molded to be smooth on the screw side you need to sand it down, not an issue, generally takes 5 minutes with some 220 grit.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I've got the tlr7 type and the trl1 type versions, both are exceedingly better than their streamlight counter parts. The parts that break are metal, the switches are better and the lights are more focused. Basically everything we ask streamlight for and they ignore.

There is no compatibility issues with the 550xl to regular tlr7 holsters (i've tried several). The only difference with their 850xl vs the tlr1s is that the screw is on the other side of the body and if the holster is molded to be smooth on the screw side you need to sand it down, not an issue, generally takes 5 minutes with some 220 grit.
    What holsters have you tried? I like the TLR7 but hate the switching.

Site Supporter

Looking forward to the review.

That's great to hear your experience with the lights so far. I bought the new Tenicor SAGAX to try out and was hoping the Nightstick light would fit the TLR7 footprint for it. It's nice to find a light with the right features at a decent price, but it's worrying to not see any number of reputable places reviewing it.

Quote Originally Posted by wmu12071 View Post
    What holsters have you tried? I like the TLR7 but hate the switching.
    The PHLster holster specifically, as that's the only one I have immediate access to and it is a direct fit no rubbing. The TLR7 version, the 550xl, will fit TLR7 holsters no issue.

It's the 850xl which needs possible modification.

An article covering both is in my queue I just haven't had the time to finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by dfeder530 View Post
    That's great to hear your experience with the lights so far. I bought the new Tenicor SAGAX to try out and was hoping the Nightstick light would fit the TLR7 footprint for it. It's nice to find a light with the right features at a decent price, but it's worrying to not see any number of reputable places reviewing it.
    I asked Tenicor about the nightstick light compatibility and the response was "who?" They haven't heard of them. Which I don't fault them, they aren't exactly a very well know company, but they will be sooner than later, I'd bet money on that.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I asked Tenicor about the nightstick light compatibility and the response was "who?" They haven't heard of them. Which I don't fault them, they aren't exactly a very well know company, but they will be sooner than later, I'd bet money on that.
    I have a Tenicor SAGAX on-hand and a TCM-550XL coming from Optics Planet so I'll eventually know if it fits.

Site Supporter
    The PHLster holster specifically, as that's the only one I have immediate access to and it is a direct fit no rubbing. The TLR7 version, the 550xl, will fit TLR7 holsters no issue.

It's the 850xl which needs possible modification.

An article covering both is in my queue I just haven't had the time to finish it.

My TCM 550xl definitely does not fit in a PHLster for a TLR7. I will post some pictures later today. Not sure if the body shape has changed or holster but mine do not work together. Hopefully it works with the Tenicor that is supposed to be here Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by wmu12071 View Post
    My TCM 550xl definitely does not fit in a PHLster for a TLR7. I will post some pictures later today. Not sure if the body shape has changed or holster but mine do not work together. Hopefully it works with the Tenicor that is supposed to be here Monday.
    Interesting...I'll double check mine and take photos when I get a chance.
    VDMSR.com

User Tag List