Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help login in

Help login in

My hard drive took a cramp last week, so had to buy a new computer. Been busy installing everything and getting back on my favorite websites. I'm having a problem login in on here. I can't remember my password, so did the forget password thing. I get an email saying that it's been reset and that a new password will be sent. Here is where the problem lies, I never get that email. I've tried more than once. Can a moderate help me out please

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I know that hotmail wasn't delivering messages sent from pistol-forum and now, at least of late, I'm not getting them from my gmail account either.

If you're using either of those services there's a good chance that, like me, you won't be getting messages from this site.

Frustrating, to say the least, that these services, as well as ISPs have decided what is appropriate to filter out without user input.
    Last edited by blues; 07-23-2019 at 09:46 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    You might want to check your spam/junk e-mail folder. It's not unusual for password reset e-mails to end up in there, for whatever reason.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    I'm receiving email from P-F (and TSRA) in my Hotmail account. HOWEVER.....

I received LL's broadcast email this morning at 6:10... which I assume is the same email he said he sent yesterday at around 9AM my time....

Time delay?

FWIW

ETA: Name:  Tuesday 2.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  71.4 KB
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 07-23-2019 at 10:35 AM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I'm receiving email from P-F (and TSRA) in my Hotmail account. HOWEVER.....

I received LL's broadcast email this morning at 6:10... which I assume is the same email he said he sent yesterday at around 9AM my time....

Time delay?

FWIW

ETA: Name:  Tuesday 2.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  71.4 KB

I think my ISP may be the culprit. I have P-F in my good senders list and I've not been getting P-F mail (or bladeforums for that matter) from gmail or hotmail. It really peeves me no end.

Come to think of it, I never got LL’s email blast, either. Didn’t think much about it since the petition was already numbered, signed, and stamped on my end... but that sucks.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    FastMail only delivered the NRA petition e-mail at about 2:30am this morning. ISP had nothing to do with it, since I just use FastMail's webclient.

I'm guessing the mass e-mail was iterated through the sending list, as trying to send a single e-mail to thousands of people all at once probably would have resulted in something being flagged as spam. That's just a guess though.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Well, I just noticed that "somehow" email from this site and bladeforums from the past month or so ended up in a gmail junk file though I never labeled either as such. Interesting how they both ended up being magically blacklisted. We'll see if I start getting mail again.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Well, I just noticed that "somehow" email from this site and bladeforums from the past month or so ended up in a gmail junk file though I never labeled either as such. Interesting how they both ended up being magically blacklisted. We'll see if I start getting mail again.
    Nope...apparently not. Even though I've marked them as not junk and have no sites listed in my gmail filters, I'm not getting email notices of PMs etc. I'll just have to see them via the site.

Clueless as to how to address it at this point. Probably not worth the aggravation.

@rv245, I've looked through all the bounced/undeliverable email from the forum for the last week or so. No email to you was returned, so it was successfully delivered to your email provider (comcast.net).

Currently, there are no providers blocking email from PF -- which doesn't mean that messages from PF aren't being sent to spam/junk mail folders, just that they aren't rejecting the email outright.

(for people that hate anonymous admin/mod posts, this is being posted by Tom_Jones )

User Tag List