Thread: Agency Arms 417 Single Port Compensator

Agency Arms 417 Single Port Compensator

I've been feeling that siren call of carry comps again, but I'm still super hesitant to swap out my G19.4 OEM recoil spring assembly. One of the comps that caught my eye was the Agency 417 Single Port for this specific reason; seems like most of the places selling it bring up its compatibility with OEM Glock RSAs as a selling point, but there's not a lot of information I saw beyond that.

Anyone currently running one of these who can provide some info on how it plays with common training ammo? 115gr/124gr brass FMJ, Fiocchi/S&B/Magtech tends to be my go-to, so I'm mostly curious to see if it'll run on that stuff. Additionally, are there any issues with holster compatibility?

I have one for my 17, the only stoppages I had with the OEM spring is when I had a batch of 120PF reloads it would fail to eject during one handed shooting. Factory American Eagle, Blazer, and proper PF reloads have been GTG in all weights for me.

I pretty much always have a WML on this gun, it works with the raven Perun WML as well as the phlster spot/flood lights. I could not get mine to fit into a DSG 34 holster. Not sure if a 19 would fit in a 17 holster.
    Last edited by Artemas2; 07-22-2019 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    I have one for my 17, the only stoppages I had with the OEM spring is when I had a batch of 120PF reloads it would fail to eject during one handed shooting. Factory American Eagle, Blazer, and proper PF reloads have been GTG in all weights for me.

I pretty much always have a WML on this gun, it works with the raven Perun WML as well as the phlster spot/flood lights. I could not get mine to fit into a DSG 34 holster. Not sure if a 19 would fit in a 17 holster.
    That's good info, any changes in reliability with a fresh OEM spring? I know reliability improves with these once the spring wears in (out?) a bit, but I'm coming up on my 5K replacement interval so it'd be going in around the same time as a fresh recoil spring.

Holster-wise I'm thinking I'll be ok after inspecting mine tonight. I've got a G34-length 6354DO, a Phlster Spotlight, and a Tenicor Velo, all of which have extended/open bottoms that should accommodate the comp.

that's a good question. I have not changed that particular spring in a while

Unless someone else chimes in sooner I can have an answer for you by the end of the week. I think I used a fresh spring when I put the comp on last year, but if I did it did not make it into my records.
    Last edited by Artemas2; 07-23-2019 at 08:47 PM.

User Tag List