Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PSA’s 9mm AKV

I think aesthetically this platform is more appealing to me than the weird swept back glock style mag interface of the AR 9's. Just looks more appropriate to me.

I don't get excited over blowback pcc's but this AKV might be the one that gets me to open the wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    That was specifically in reference to their AR-pattern guns. I can't speak to their AK-pattern guns at all.
    I can. They have been lackluster thus far. I personally watched an AKV go into a death lock after just two mags. It need to go back. Guns have trickled out. Their previous AK’s were turds right there with the Century RAS47 and C39. I’m still waiting to see if they finally got the AKV right.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    I can. They have been lackluster thus far. I personally watched an AKV go into a death lock after just two mags. It need to go back. Guns have trickled out. Their previous AK’s were turds right there with the Century RAS47 and C39. I’m still waiting to see if they finally got the AKV right.
    I'd seen Robski's pretty favorable wrap up of the PSA GF3 AK test ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxk1wAOznsU ) and was curious if their guns had finally turned the corner and crossed into "decent buy". I'm more than a bit curious about the AK. I don't have much of a base of knowledge about them and damn sure don't want my first one to be a shit-show.

So until further notice, both are still no-go status?

Quote Originally Posted by Mntneer357 View Post
    I'd seen Robski's pretty favorable wrap up of the PSA GF3 AK test ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxk1wAOznsU ) and was curious if their guns had finally turned the corner and crossed into "decent buy". I'm more than a bit curious about the AK. I don't have much of a base of knowledge about them and damn sure don't want my first one to be a shit-show.

So until further notice, both are still no-go status?
    I would grab an Arsenal 107/SAM7, Romanian M10 or WASR.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    Has anyone shot one of the apparently new generation of these? Palmetto’s marketing blitz is wearing me down.

I'm rooting for PSA to build a quality US made AK, but I don't think they're there yet. The G4 that is coming out in the next several months or so will have all the proper forged parts like the G3, but these will have a FN CHF barrel.

The G3's are looking promising, but I don't see any high round count tests out there yet, and for those about to chime in with "bUt rOb sKi sAiD", 5000 rounds is a good start but not what I consider a true longevity test.

Battlefield Las Vegas supposedly has a G3 or two, but they've kinda been quiet on the round counts, just keep saying that they're still going. For reference, they have WASR's with over 80K through them before they started seeing problems.

Site Supporter
    Does anyone have any more info on this gun yet? I have a Beretta CX4 that I haven't shot in years just sitting my safe, and CX4s are selling for more than I expected on Gunbroker. I think I'd be happier if that CX4 turned into a AK-V or a Stribog or maybe a CZ Scorpion. Or maybe another T/C Encore. Or any number of other things...

I've been on an AK kick for the better part of a year, but if I was going to spend my own money on a PCC today, it would be a Scorpion. It's been on the market longer (teething is done), it comes from a much larger and established manufacturer with a track record of making quality firearms (PSA, not so much), and all the aftermarket goodies one desires.

That said, the AKV easily wins on emotion and aesthetics.

User Tag List