Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The P-F Monday Motivation Thread

The P-F Monday Motivation Thread

All such discussions for motivating yourself on Mondays go here.

This week:

Name:  368nz1.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  28.2 KB

The only motivation I need to continue lifting / cardio after all these decades is to put off being one of those guys that can't stand up or do anything as they grow older.

I saw my dad wither away in a wheelchair from diabetes and complications for the last several years of his life and my focus is on quality of life rather than longevity, (though I'd prefer to hang around as opposed to the alternative while it's still enjoyable).

Every stage of life has its challenges. Being willing to meet them is half the battle. Maybe more.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Student
    I'm here already and clocked in. The rest of the day will take care of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    The only motivation I need to continue lifting / cardio after all these decades is to put off being one of those guys that can't stand up or do anything as they grow older.
    Same here and I'm 39. I already see people my age or even younger who can barely go.

It definitely is the mileage and not necessarily the years on the chassis...at 58 I am now hitting it to try to keep as fluid and capable as possible...what I wouldn't give to have had more discipline in my 30s!!!!

Thanks for the reminder this morning...great motivation!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Agreed. I’m 54 and planning on retiring next year. I want to continue being able to physically do the things I want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Agreed. I’m 54 and planning on retiring next year. I want to continue being able to physically do the things I want to do.
    I retired at 51 and have never regretted the decision. I'm sure you'll feel the same way. Being able to enjoy it while being mentally and physically fit makes all the difference.

I retired at 51 and have never regretted the decision. I'm sure you'll feel the same way. Being able to enjoy it while being mentally and physically fit makes all the difference.
    I did the 51 thang also. 9 months of touring, fishing and doing whatever I wanted and I had to get back to work. Started a little side business and eventually back to .gov work. Just vested with them so I'll do it until it stops being fun. (DISCLAIMER: I don't have a runway model to hang out with )
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    I did the 51 thang also. 9 months of touring, fishing and doing whatever I wanted and I had to get back to work. Started a little side business and eventually back to .gov work. Just vested with them so I'll do it until it stops being fun. (DISCLAIMER: I don't have a runway model to hang out with )
    Good memory.

She's too busy on twitter to pay me any attention...it's sports and fashion talk all day. (Or at least so I'm told.)

...and my dog, well, she needs a bath. LOL!

My dad used to tell me, "Go to work sober, work 40 hours, and you will stand out."

So Monday's I tell myself that as I get in the car to go to the plant.

User Tag List