Thread: Mossberg Barrel

Site Supporter

Mossberg Barrel Sale

I got an email from the Mossberg store. Listed barrels are 30% off. For the first time I have seen 590a1 barrels. Also there are model 835 barrels which do fit the 590 and 590a1 frames--as long as they are the 6 shot models with 18 inch barrel. This requirement is determined by placement of lug fitting over mag tube.

Note: the company's specs given don't show the compatibility described above. I have an 835 barrel that I use on my 590a1. Fits perfectly. Works perfectly. Chamber is 3.5. That matters not.
    Last edited by willie; 07-22-2019 at 12:43 AM.

I wish they had regular 18.5" 590 barrels. I have an A1 barrel and it's heavy, I don't like it. I am tempted by the rifle sighted A1 barrel though. If I have to have all that extra weight I might as well have the better sights.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I wish they had regular 18.5" 590 barrels. I have an A1 barrel and it's heavy, I don't like it. I am tempted by the rifle sighted A1 barrel though. If I have to have all that extra weight I might as well have the better sights.
    Look at the 835 slug barrels. They weigh less than the stock heavy 590A1 barrel. I say that based on my 24 inch 835 vent rib barrel. These are so overbored that Mossberg says no slugs. The 835 slug-barrels would not be overbored.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Look at the 835 slug barrels. They weigh less than the stock heavy 590A1 barrel. I say that based on my 24 inch 835 vent rib barrel. These are so overbored that Mossberg says no slugs. The 835 slug-barrels would not be overbored.
    Mossberg doesn't make 18.5" barrels for the 835, slug or otherwise. Or at least they don't have any for sale on their website.
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    I see that the 835 slug barrel is 24 inches. Price is right, though.

My 18.5 Rem 870 barrel was made by Mossberg....

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I see that the 835 slug barrel is 24 inches. Price is right, though.
    I guess it's cheap enough that it might be worth it to have a gunsmith shorten it. I don't think I want to bother with all that though.

User Tag List