Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SR-16......what buffer are y'all running?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskersTheCat View Post
    Nice rifle brother. I love KAC. My only regret is I can't afford more of them. I finally finished my 16" Mod 2 this year. I think my next one will be a CQB
    Funny part is honestly, I wanted to get the M Lok 11.5....but they were hopelessly out of stock apparently. But the same shop ordered 4 SR16 uppers and they were cheaper. I always liked the look of the SR16 11.5's, so I got it. It' was also about $200 cheaper than what they were charging for the 11.5 Mlok uppers.

I will eventually purchase a KAC lower to put this upper on, and build a dirty 11.5" truck pistol out of this lower. But not being an SBR or pistol guy at all, I wanted to test this out and get proof of concept before I went too far down this road. I am nervous though, since I'm starting with a KAC I might not like anything else in the 11.5-12.5 bracket. We'll see. Not trying to sound like a snob either, I just really like 14.5-16" guns.

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    I used to think HK shit was expensive. KAC dunks on HK with their pricing once you get into one. I was lucky my buddy took off one of the KAC muzzle devices for a surefire brake to make it super flat. He gave it to me for free so I could run the KAC QDC in the future instead of the NT4, because I have 2 additional SR-15's in the house.
    And it's actually worth it. Hearing KAC explain the why behind some stuff they do is fantastic. Like chrome E3 bolts. It's a harder coating and KAC expects 20k per bolt on a standard E3 but 30k on a chrome E3.

(However there's not a broken one in existence, so they're certainly under playing those numbers. )

Behold:

Name:  20190507_174205-1466x2229.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  22.9 KB

Funny part is honestly, I wanted to get the M Lok 11.5....but they were hopelessly out of stock apparently. But the same shop ordered 4 SR16 uppers and they were cheaper. I always liked the look of the SR16 11.5's, so I got it. It' was also about $200 cheaper than what they were charging for the 11.5 Mlok uppers.

I will eventually purchase a KAC lower to put this upper on, and build a dirty 11.5" truck pistol out of this lower. But not being an SBR or pistol guy at all, I wanted to test this out and get proof of concept before I went too far down this road. I am nervous though, since I'm starting with a KAC I might not like anything else in the 11.5-12.5 bracket. We'll see. Not trying to sound like a snob either, I just really like 14.5-16" guns.
    Word on the street is they are in short supply because they're being snatched up for actual combat use. So that's a good sign.

And it's actually worth it. Hearing KAC explain the why behind some stuff they do is fantastic. Like chrome E3 bolts. It's a harder coating and KAC expects 20k per bolt on a standard E3 but 30k on a chrome E3.

(However there's not a broken one in existence, so they're certainly under playing those numbers. )

Behold:

Name:  20190507_174205-1466x2229.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  22.9 KB
    I would love to get one of those. I was under the impression that they were going to include one of them with this upper, but they swapped it out for an SR15 bolt.....which may have been the price difference. I'm not 100% sure. But even their traditional bolts last forever. But I do plan to try to source one of these for the $2.5M it'll probably cost me. I don't even want to think about it.....

I would love to get one of those. I was under the impression that they were going to include one of them with this upper, but they swapped it out for an SR15 bolt.....which may have been the price difference. I'm not 100% sure. But even their traditional bolts last forever. But I do plan to try to source one of these for the $2.5M it'll probably cost me. I don't even want to think about it.....
    They're unobtanium and have never been released on the commercial market. However, KAC finally added them to their military catalog this year, so there's hope we might start to see them.

I met the right guy at the right place at the right time, or I'd NEVER have one. Just the bolt is $750-$1200 if you can find them. I can't afford that. But prices are actually starting to fall on them because the KAC hoarders are worried if they get released commercially their purchase will not have any value.

They're unobtanium and have never been released on the commercial market. However, KAC finally added them to their military catalog this year, so there's hope we might start to see them.

I met the right guy at the right place at the right time, or I'd NEVER have one. Just the bolt is $750-$1200 if you can find them. I can't afford that. But prices are actually starting to fall on them because the KAC hoarders are worried if they get released commercially their purchase will not have any value.
    I'm all for buy nice or buy twice.........but that might be too much to justify unfortunately. Maybe once all my projects are closed out I'll get one for an end of days setup. But damn man......That's some serious money we're talking about.

I'm all for buy nice or buy twice.........but that might be too much to justify unfortunately. Maybe once all my projects are closed out I'll get one for an end of days setup. But damn man......That's some serious money we're talking about.
    If KAC sells them it'll be less than half of that. I'd think $175 or something. Those are just "F you" prices from guys that have a KAC rarity.

She runs gents. 80 rounds of German 56GR MEN 5.56, and 20 rounds of Black Hills 77GR TMK's. Just shooting to test function not for range or group, but I grouped pretty decently for like 12-15 yards and just shooting.

I really like this thing. Geissele SSA is a perfect match for this setup. Now I just need to get a Steiner P4Xi/Geissele super precision mount.

Name:  SR16 first 100.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  34.3 KB

Name:  My SR16 300C 2.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  30.3 KB

Name:  My SR16 300C 4.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  37.9 KB
    Last edited by navyman8903; 09-06-2019 at 08:49 PM.

User Tag List