View Poll Results: Cordless battery powered tool of choice?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Milwaukee

47 42.34%
  • Ryobi

11 9.91%
  • Hilti

0 0%
  • DeWalt

38 34.23%
  • Rigid

3 2.70%
  • Bosch

5 4.50%
  • Harbor Freight

0 0%
  • Something else (name it)

7 6.31%
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: The great PF cordless tool debate

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Fuck, I got the version without the rear handle
    For general use, you’re better off with the “top” handle.

The saws with the rear handles are better for framing and construction and the top handles are better for general purpose IMO.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    That is the rear handle one.. ?
    My reading comprehension was off... carry on. Top handle side winders are fine. They just aren't my style after a lifetime of left bladed, rear handled use.

So, the M12 blower is en route to my position. I needed it, damnit.
    #RESIST

Bought my first M12 tool last night. Couldn't pass this up. The regular tool with one 1.5ah battery is $119 and in the stores. Or I can order it online and get it with a 2.0ah battery PLUS a 4.0ah battery for a mere $10 more. Pretty easy decision. Shipped today.

Limited time deal?

Site Supporter
    Now that you've started your M12 collection, the M12 compressor / inflator will be a great addition.

Bought another combo kit last night from the ORANGE (PF approved?) box store on a "special buy". This could get expensive as I feel they are pretty decent value buys.

I bought the M12 Fuel hammer drill/impact driver combo and got their "free tool" special. They give you an option of several free tools to go along with the combo. One of the "tools" is another 6AH battery. I picked that. So with my previous rotary tool purchase I'll have the cordless dremel, 1/2" chucked hammer drill, impact driver, two 2.0AH batteries, a 4.0AH battery and a 6.0AH battery. That should set me up pretty nicely for bats and can now just add tools as I go.

I was leaning towards the M18 combo but it was $200 more, I have two other 18V (Ridgid & Dewalt) drills and impact drivers, one of which I'll sell. I also have a corded Milwaukee 1/2" drill if I need that heavy of a duty cycle. So It just made more sense to go with the smaller M12 which are not slouches in the capability department and seemed the way to go for my "hobbyist type" usage. Having a hammer drill for the odd or occasional need is now in place and I saved a couple of benjamins.

ETA: If you buy from them, read the descriptions. Milwaukee still offers brushed motor versions of some of their tools and you may be thinking you are getting a smoking deal, when in actuality you are still getting a good tool but aren't getting the latest and greatest tech. Look at the details.
    Last edited by Spartan1980; 10-10-2021 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Bought my first M12 tool last night. Couldn't pass this up. The regular tool with one 1.5ah battery is $119 and in the stores. Or I can order it online and get it with a 2.0ah battery PLUS a 4.0ah battery for a mere $10 more. Pretty easy decision. Shipped today.

Limited time deal?
    I love mine.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I see Dewalt has two 1/2 impact wrenches. I’d like to get one for tire changing, etc. My wife had a flat on the Focus a couple weeks ago and I was unable to manually break free one of the lugs, probably over torqued by the tire shop. I’ve also got an F150. I think the two wrenches are rated at up to 400 and the other 700 ft lbs. Would the 400 lb wrench be enough to handle that. (I’ve already got a lot of Dewalt batteries as I have a drill, reciprocating saw, and a chain saw.)

The great PF cordless tool debate

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I see Dewalt has two 1/2 impact wrenches. I’d like to get one for tire changing, etc. My wife had a flat on the Focus a couple weeks ago and I was unable to manually break free one of the lugs, probably over torqued by the tire shop. I’ve also got an F150. I think the two wrenches are rated at up to 400 and the other 700 ft lbs. Would the 400 lb wrench be enough to handle that. (I’ve already got a lot of Dewalt batteries as I have a drill, reciprocating saw, and a chain saw.)
    I would think so. I have a DeWalt 20v 1/2 drive impact thats rated at 400 foot pounds and it takes my Ram’s wheels off with ease and factory torque specs on my wheels is 130 foot pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Break them loose with a cheater bar and torque them back on to spec, then test. I'd be surprised if your Dewalts can't handle them then, my M12 3/8 stubby can handle my F150's lugnuts no problem.
    #RESIST

User Tag List