View Poll Results: Cordless battery powered tool of choice?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Milwaukee

47 42.34%
  • Ryobi

11 9.91%
  • Hilti

0 0%
  • DeWalt

38 34.23%
  • Rigid

3 2.70%
  • Bosch

5 4.50%
  • Harbor Freight

0 0%
  • Something else (name it)

7 6.31%
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The great PF cordless tool debate

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
    I'm unsure about what exactly you're referring to when you say that I'm wrong...
    Hoping the bolding makes it clear. I was trying to be slightly humorous by disagreeing but not really disagreeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think y'all are confusing Metabo and Metabo HPT.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    You're wrong. I couldn't be confusing them, because I didn't know Metabo Germany was a thing. First I saw the name was when it was applied to Hitachis.
    As a matter of fact, when I saw it at Lowe's and realized they were just rebranded Hitachis, I thought Metabo was either a made-up name or some Japanese brand I'd never heard of.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’d like to see an M18 Fuel pressure washer.
    One of the great things about Ryobi, they will put a battery on anything!

I’d actually prefer to see Dewalt make one, since they have the 60v battery system for outdoor tools that, I believe, will also work on the 20v. It’s the one thing I think Dewalt has over Milwaukee. But then I remember I’m too boughie to do my own yard work and haven’t even touched the M18 yard tools I have other than the blower so what am I complaining about?

Hoping the bolding makes it clear. I was trying to be slightly humorous by disagreeing but not really disagreeing.

As a matter of fact, when I saw it at Lowe's and realized they were just rebranded Hitachis, I thought Metabo was either a made-up name or some Japanese brand I'd never heard of.
    I was kinda the same way. A YouTuber I watch that builds barns was using Metabo stuff, then Hitachi stuff, then did a video in the change… honestly all of that was the first time either were on my radar. After 20 years in commercial construction if I ever saw either on a Jobsite it never registered with me.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter

Gotcha, my bad. Probably would've understood looking at it this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

I was kinda the same way. A YouTuber I watch that builds barns was using Metabo stuff, then Hitachi stuff, then did a video in the change… honestly all of that was the first time either were on my radar. After 20 years in commercial construction if I ever saw either on a Jobsite it never registered with me.
    Yeah, Hitachi as a power tool maker was an unknown to me until I saw them at some big box store. I've still never seen them on a jobsite. My only previous exposure to the name was in heavy equipment; they made ( / make? ) some of the smoothest-running excavators on the market 20 years ago. The hydraulics on them were light-years ahead of most of the competition.

I’d actually prefer to see Dewalt make one, since they have the 60v battery system for outdoor tools that, I believe, will also work on the 20v. It’s the one thing I think Dewalt has over Milwaukee. But then I remember I’m too boughie to do my own yard work and haven’t even touched the M18 yard tools I have other than the blower so what am I complaining about?
    The MX Fuel line has mucho power, but prolly too big.

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Innovations/MX-FUEL
    #RESIST

The MX Fuel line has mucho power, but prolly too big.

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Innovations/MX-FUEL
    yep, it's like they somehow over-compensated, haha.

and they missed the memo about the compatible batteries so that you can use the "little ones" in a pinch.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

yep, it's like they somehow over-compensated, haha.

and they missed the memo about the compatible batteries so that you can use the "little ones" in a pinch.
    Yup. Sucks, because their M12 and M18 lineups are so good. I just took delivery of the M12 Fuel oscillating tool and my M18 Brad Nailer is on the way. I was looking at their Packout stuff, but I'm not sold.
    #RESIST

Yup. Sucks, because their M12 and M18 lineups are so good. I just took delivery of the M12 Fuel oscillating tool
    love, love love mine. Better than my corded Dewalt. and I've seen tests where it performed better than the pre-fuel M18 version too.

and my M18 Brad Nailer is on the way.
    Jealous! Very high on my list of wants, as is their new M12 Pin Nailer

So much so that when a hose failed on my beloved California Air Tools compressor I thought "oh, awesome, I'll just buy those new cordless tools rather than replace this!" Sad to say, fix for the compressor was only $10.

I was looking at their Packout stuff, but I'm not sold.
    I've got no use for it as storage system, but I'm in the market for a cordless vacuum. I'll likely go non-packout though. My neighbor, the plumber, loves the packout system but my needs are not his.

Site Supporter
    The last battery for my decades old Makita drill finally died. Based on this thread Bought a simple Milwaukee m12 drill as the gateway drug; it came with a slow charger and 2 of the weakest batteries…
    Pretty proud of myself for only buying that one single thing from the hardware store.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    The last battery for my decades old Makita drill finally died. Based on this thread Bought a simple Milwaukee m12 drill as the gateway drug; it came with a slow charger and 2 of the weakest batteries…
    Pretty proud of myself for only buying that one single thing from the hardware store.
    You need an M12 inflator. And one of the big M12 batteries for when you have a low tire in the middle of nowhere.

Site Supporter
    I primarily own and use Milwaukee stuff, but do have a few Ryobi 18v tools scattered around, including an inflator that stays in my vehicle with the tire repair kit.
    I recently picked up the light below because it uses the same batteries as the inflator and I have several batteries that don't have anything to power.

https://www.ryobitools.com/products/details/33287176397

I really like it. It's pretty bright, can be run off an extension cord plugged directly into the tool and thus far doesn't mind being dropped or rained on. It's also a good size to fit in my tire repair kit.

User Tag List