View Poll Results: Cordless battery powered tool of choice?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Milwaukee

47 42.34%
  • Ryobi

11 9.91%
  • Hilti

0 0%
  • DeWalt

38 34.23%
  • Rigid

3 2.70%
  • Bosch

5 4.50%
  • Harbor Freight

0 0%
  • Something else (name it)

7 6.31%
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The great PF cordless tool debate

I’ve no idea why my M12 inflator isn’t registering the existing tire pressure.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  13.6 KB
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post

I mean the obvious question is, is the tire flat? And the next one is, did you screw the inflator hose onto the valve stem?

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

What happens when you set it to a pressure and try to inflate it? Does it start reading pressure then?

Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
    I mean the obvious question is, is the tire flat? And the next one is, did you screw the inflator hose onto the valve stem?

What happens when you set it to a pressure and try to inflate it? Does it start reading pressure then?
    Yeah, it's screwed onto the stem of an inflated tire. It never reads the pressure of a tire, period. I suppose I'll have to contact Milwaukee.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Yeah, it's screwed onto the stem of an inflated tired. It never reads the pressure of a tire, period. I suppose I'll have to contact Milwaukee.
    Bummer, man! I bet if you walk into the nearest Milwaukee warranty center with it, you'll walk out with a new inflator.

Yeah, it's screwed onto the stem of an inflated tire. It never reads the pressure of a tire, period. I suppose I'll have to contact Milwaukee.
    Bummer, man! I bet if you walk into the nearest Milwaukee warranty center with it, you'll walk out with a new inflator.
    Will it let you set a pressure, and will it inflate a tire to that pressure?

I actually never noticed if the readout reflected the tire pressure from the get go. I do know that what it inflates it to matches what my TPMS in the truck and handleld checker.

But I concur, I can't imagine Milwaukee not taking care of you. I've had a couple of things go back after I've abused them pretty good and never had a complaint.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I actually never noticed if the readout reflected the tire pressure from the get go.
    Yep, it should show tire pressure as soon as the hose is screwed onto the valve stem, assuming your power is on. I use mine weekly to inflate a leaking front tire on my mower, gonna get by for the whole season on this bad tire When I first hook up I get a reading between 1.0 and 1.5 psi. I set it to 15 and let it go.

At least on mine, there is a certain amount of lag time between the tire obviously inflating and the readout catching up.

That inflator is one of the best tools; I'm just waiting for a more powerful one in M18. Hopefully they're working on it. I've used my M12 to inflate the tractor trailer-size tires (11R22.5) on my heavy forklift more than once -- one of them has a slow leak. It takes forever; like 30 minutes maybe, but it'll do it. But man is it hot when it's done. First time I did it, I thought I'd killed it. But years later, it's still fine.

I'll eventually have multiples of the M12 if I become convinced that an M18 isn't in the offing...that inflator and some plug kits have saved me a bunch of $$ already and gotten me out of some sticky situations. I'm totally a fan.

Yep, it should show tire pressure as soon as the hose is screwed onto the valve stem, assuming your power is on. I use mine weekly to inflate a leaking front tire on my mower, gonna get by for the whole season on this bad tire When I first hook up I get a reading between 1.0 and 1.5 psi. I set it to 15 and let it go.

At least on mine, there is a certain amount of lag time between the tire obviously inflating and the readout catching up.

That inflator is one of the best tools; I'm just waiting for a more powerful one in M18. Hopefully they're working on it. I've used my M12 to inflate the tractor trailer-size tires (11R22.5) on my heavy forklift more than once -- one of them has a slow leak. It takes forever; like 30 minutes maybe, but it'll do it. But man is it hot when it's done. First time I did it, I thought I'd killed it. But years later, it's still fine.

I'll eventually have multiples of the M12 if I become convinced that an M18 isn't in the offing...that inflator and some plug kits have saved me a bunch of $$ already and gotten me out of some sticky situations. I'm totally a fan.
    I've also been wondering if an M18 might be in the works. I'm trying to narrow down to a "system" to keep in our Class B RV, which by definition is "small" small which in turn means "no storage space". I've been thinking about picking up the cordless vacuum in M12
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauke...0-20/205482386

then something like this M12 light
    https://www.cpomilwaukee.com/milwauk...hoC0ykQAvD_BwE

figure out a spot where I can leave one of these guys plugged in all the time...
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauke...1204/205846388

But I wouldn't mind doing all of that in M18 either...
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Any recommendations on weed eaters? I have an old ryobi one I need to move on from and want to upgrade to a lithium system. I’m thinking dewalt or Milwaukee? Any Father’s Day sales on weed eaters that anyone has seen?
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Any recommendations on weed eaters? I have an old ryobi one I need to move on from and want to upgrade to a lithium system. I’m thinking dewalt or Milwaukee? Any Father’s Day sales on weed eaters that anyone has seen?
    I scooped up a Greenworks 60v with charger and battery off of FB Marketplace for $80 and it's...phenomenal. I'm very impressed. Look around FB Marketplace if you're not already invested in a battery system.
    #RESIST

The M18 investment has begun. I got an open box M18 Fuel blower with 8.0 XC battery and charger for $210 shipped yesterday. I plan to mainly use my M12 stuff except for the M18 blower, M18 circular saw, and maybe an M18 packet vacuum.
    #RESIST

User Tag List