View Poll Results: Cordless battery powered tool of choice?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Milwaukee

47 42.34%
  • Ryobi

11 9.91%
  • Hilti

0 0%
  • DeWalt

38 34.23%
  • Rigid

3 2.70%
  • Bosch

5 4.50%
  • Harbor Freight

0 0%
  • Something else (name it)

7 6.31%
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: The great PF cordless tool debate

Saw this... fans are for pussies. BUY AN AIR CANNON!

https://www.directtoolsoutlet.com/Pr...um-Fan/p/P3340

I never stated my use case, its probably going to be used at the beach. The Air Cannon might be too much cannon for that role.

My first foray into cordless tools was a kit (Drill/Impact/Saw) from Kobalt in 2012 or so. I used the drill to put up blinds and the chuck broke (Jacobs, which I thought was good stuff). Anyways, Lowes gave me a full refund and I bought the Dewalt kit.

Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    If, like me, you are uncool enough to be using Ryobi, Direct Tools has the Ryobi fans (blems) for $20 right now.

RYOBI fan

Figured it'd be good to keep a tent more comfy.
    I grabbed two, $7 shipping for both.
    #RESIST

Here are the Home Depot Father’s Day Milwaukee M18 deals that started on 5/24/21.

With the $199 Starter Kit that has an XC5.0 and CP2.0 battery + charger, choose one of the following free tools:
    M18 FUEL Hammer Drill
    M18 FUEL SURGE Impact Driver
    M18 ROVER Dual Power Flood Light
    M18 Oscillating Multi-Tool
    M18 Random Orbit Sander

With the $299 Starter Kit that has 2 XC6.0 batteries and a charger, choose one of the following free tools:
    M18 FUEL Hammer Drill
    M18 FUEL SURGE Impact Driver
    M18 ROVER Dual Power Flood Light
    M18 Oscillating Multi-Tool
    M18 Random Orbit Sander
    M18 FUEL PACKOUT 2.5 Gallon Wet/Dry Vacuum
    M18 FUEL HACKZALL
    M18 Rocket Light
    M18 Brushless 7-1/4 Circular Saw
    M18 FUEL 3/8 Compact Impact Wrench with Friction Ring
    M18 FUEL 4-1/2"/5" Grinder (Paddle Switch)
    M18 XC8.0 Battery
    #RESIST

I recently purchased a Craftsman cordless drill. I found it on sale for $70. The good thing is it shares the battery with my wife's weed eater. I bought it to finish my deck. I have run 25 pounds of 2 1/2 deck screws. I told my wife if it dies this afternoon Ive gotten my money worth.

Found one of these Greenworks 60v trimmers with battery and charger for $80 cash on FB marketplace locally, I’m moving on it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083JPDYBJ
    #RESIST

We have both Ryobi and Milwaukee in the house because the wife likes the Ryobi stuff so she buys her own tools. This thing here is quite possibly the greatest tool if you work on your own vehicles. It goes with me every trip to the local pull a parts.

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Produc...tchets/2558-20

Lots of deals, today only. The M12 Fuel deal at CPO Ebay is tempting, impact/sawzall kit for $180.

https://9to5toys.com/2021/05/31/toda...alt-tool-kits/

I have a big selection of Ryobi 40v stuff (Dad was CEO of their holding company for 16 months) but I am down to one functional battery.

Not a great time for a mass switch for me, but I would like to go up to 60v stuff. With 8 acres of woods, we could use some heavier duty tools.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Browsed the local pawn shop yesterday while picking up a pistol with my uncle, and they had an impact driver like my B&D, looked almost new:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For $30 with another battery I snagged it. I have enjoyed having two of them, it makes it easier to find them when I leave them in the garage/basement/shed/truck. Also since I am probably using it harder than expected having a backup is nice, three might be overdoing it but this way if one dies I will still have two. But I figure $20 for the battery and $10 for the tool was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    I have a big selection of Ryobi 40v stuff (Dad was CEO of their holding company for 16 months) but I am down to one functional battery.

Not a great time for a mass switch for me, but I would like to go up to 60v stuff. With 8 acres of woods, we could use some heavier duty tools.
    You might consider the Dewalt system for that. IIRC you can put their 20v batteries in their 60v lawn tools in a pinch.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List