View Poll Results: Cordless battery powered tool of choice?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Milwaukee

47 42.34%
  • Ryobi

11 9.91%
  • Hilti

0 0%
  • DeWalt

38 34.23%
  • Rigid

3 2.70%
  • Bosch

5 4.50%
  • Harbor Freight

0 0%
  • Something else (name it)

7 6.31%
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The great PF cordless tool debate

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I really want M12
    Well this thread is another one that is going to cost me money. I picked Dewalt in the poll because I'm a total Dewalt fanboy who also has a Ridgid mistress on the side.

I watched a bunch of comparison videos and honestly all the big names are good, but after tooling (pun?) around on the Milwaukee website their lithium ion landscape seems to be quite a ways ahead of all the rest. M12, M18 and MX Fuel for really large stuff like freakin table saws. Very impressive lineup they have.

Now I'm torn, the M12 line is very compact it seems and that's always a plus for me. Can't really decide between the M12 or M18 line but I'm thinking the M12 will work fine for homeowner/hobbyist woodworking stuff that I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Well this thread is another one that is going to cost me money. I picked Dewalt in the poll because I'm a total Dewalt fanboy who also has a Ridgid mistress on the side.

I watched a bunch of comparison videos and honestly all the big names are good, but after tooling (pun?) around on the Milwaukee website their lithium ion landscape seems to be quite a ways ahead of all the rest. M12, M18 and MX Fuel for really large stuff like freakin table saws. Very impressive lineup they have.

Now I'm torn, the M12 line is very compact it seems and that's always a plus for me. Can't really decide between the M12 or M18 line but I'm thinking the M12 will work fine for homeowner/hobbyist woodworking stuff that I do.
    I went down this road not long ago. I did a lot of research and noted many complaints about the M12 jigsaw and circular saw, so I went M18 for those and my Brad nailer. Otherwise, pretty much all M12.
    #RESIST

I went down this road not long ago. I did a lot of research and noted many complaints about the M12 jigsaw and circular saw, so I went M18 for those and my Brad nailer. Otherwise, pretty much all M12.
    Bradnailer. That's one of the ones I'll probably buy first. How's yours working out? I keep seeing "very well mixed" reviews. Some like them, some have an issue or two with them but predominantly nailing depth.

Bradnailer. That's one of the ones I'll probably buy first. How's yours working out? I keep seeing "very well mixed" reviews. Some like them, some have an issue or two with them but predominantly nailing depth.
    I don't have one yet, but...

There's an old version and a new. Reviews on the old I saw were predominantly bad, with reviews on the new so far predominantly good!
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I haven't done anything with it other than testing it out on some junk wood. Way, way better than the Ryobi one. You can adjust depth and it is much faster than the Ryobi. If you think of something I can test, I'll do it.
    #RESIST

I finally put my Milwaukee 2830-20 18V saw to real work this last two weeks framing up a small 20x32 garage. It is comparable in weight to the industry standard Skil Mag 77 but offers some decent advantages besides being cordless. In my opinion the plate is better, the LED light is nice when you're trying to cut in bad light conditions, and the biggest advantage is safety. It senses if the blade is bound and won't start up if it's bound or in contact with the wood. While slightly annoying at first, I decided it was an awesome feature with newbies running the saw. The second advantage was the lack of torque twist on startup, which is a thing the Mag 77's do that you get used to. The saw was easy enough to use that my wife cut over 60 pieces of truss and wall blocking without a complaint. It was an absolute joy to use the saw on the ladder and in the roof framing without a cord to deal with. Only bad thing was I couldn't lower it down with the cord. Another big plus is it comes with a robust rafter hook to hang it with. The battery lasts all day on a normal framing schedule. It also has power to spare and will rip doug fir 2x12's with no complaints, or 4 sheets of 5/8 CDX at a time.

The battery lasts all day on a normal framing schedule. It also has power to spare and will rip doug fir 2x12's with no complaints, or 4 sheets of 5/8 CDX at a time.
    Now that is impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I finally put my Milwaukee 2830-20 18V saw to real work this last two weeks framing up a small 20x32 garage. It is comparable in weight to the industry standard Skil Mag 77 but offers some decent advantages besides being cordless. In my opinion the plate is better, the LED light is nice when you're trying to cut in bad light conditions, and the biggest advantage is safety. It senses if the blade is bound and won't start up if it's bound or in contact with the wood. While slightly annoying at first, I decided it was an awesome feature with newbies running the saw. The second advantage was the lack of torque twist on startup, which is a thing the Mag 77's do that you get used to. The saw was easy enough to use that my wife cut over 60 pieces of truss and wall blocking without a complaint. It was an absolute joy to use the saw on the ladder and in the roof framing without a cord to deal with. Only bad thing was I couldn't lower it down with the cord. Another big plus is it comes with a robust rafter hook to hang it with. The battery lasts all day on a normal framing schedule. It also has power to spare and will rip doug fir 2x12's with no complaints, or 4 sheets of 5/8 CDX at a time.
    Fuck, I got the version without the rear handle
    #RESIST

I sure don’t miss the multiple steps it used to take in order to bust the nuts off of the lawnmower blades. With this little Milwaukee M12 3/8 stubby impact, you don’t have to do shit except buzz that nut off. No prep work whatsoever. I giggle the first time I did it.

Also, I thought I had a blade problem and it turned out to be that the pulley on top of a spindle had gotten loose and the shaft wallered (technical term) out the pulley. Got a better one en route and of course, the M12 stubby zipped that nut off like nothing as well.

Name:  A05F64B0-E762-4618-8747-26C9158D42EB.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  54.7 KB

Name:  62FDD7A1-ABCC-481C-B027-A35A7A360954.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  76.0 KB
    #RESIST

Fuck, I got the version without the rear handle
    That is the rear handle one.. ?

User Tag List