View Poll Results: Cordless battery powered tool of choice?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Milwaukee

47 42.34%
  • Ryobi

11 9.91%
  • Hilti

0 0%
  • DeWalt

38 34.23%
  • Rigid

3 2.70%
  • Bosch

5 4.50%
  • Harbor Freight

0 0%
  • Something else (name it)

7 6.31%
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The great PF cordless tool debate

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The M18 investment has begun. I got an open box M18 Fuel blower with 8.0 XC battery and charger for $210 shipped yesterday. I plan to mainly use my M12 stuff except for the M18 blower, M18 circular saw, and maybe an M18 packet vacuum.
    FWIW, over the weekend building out my tiki bar, I had yet another situation where the M12 bottomed itself out and the M18 pushed through. In this case I was using the Kreg HD meant for 2x lumber (larger hole, larger bit, larger coated screws) and the M12 took at least three plunges (often more) while the M18 never required more than to (2 is my minimum to clear chips anyway).

So while the M12 can do the task, if you've got a lot of work to do that adds up quickly in terms of time lost to the smaller tool.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Anyone here have experience with the M12 jigsaw?

Also, this has been an expensive weekend with Milwaukee stuff. M18 Fuel circular saw and 9.0 HD battery, M12 3/8 ratchet, M12 Hackzawll, and the M12 Air Snake.
    #RESIST

M12 Air Snake
    In case anyone missed this subtle flex: @LittleLebowski's plunger costs more than most EDC pistols.
    Last edited by BobLoblaw; 06-21-2021 at 02:53 PM.

Site Supporter
    As a weekend warrior type of user, I just decided to go with 18v Ryobi stuff. Just ordered the brushless drill, impact, circular saw and 90 degree drill. Got a few batteries as well. Will be replacing my old craftsman stuff over time.

I just bought this combo kit from Ridgid (TTI) for $230: https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-1...4SBN/313392849

Seems to get good reviews, and I like the "Free Parts and Service for Life with Registration." If they're at least as good as the Ridgid wet/dry vac I have, I'll be very pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Any recommendations on weed eaters? I have an old ryobi one I need to move on from and want to upgrade to a lithium system. I’m thinking dewalt or Milwaukee? Any Father’s Day sales on weed eaters that anyone has seen?
    I recently got the milwaukee trimmer w/ edger attachment. seems like it goes on sale for $300 at Home Depot often. It's perfect for my needs coming from an Echo straight shaft trimmer. I can edge, trim and blow off a 8.0 HO battery

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    In case anyone missed this subtle flex: @LittleLebowski's plunger costs more than most EDC pistols.
    I got mine as an open box, unused demonstration deal for $300 shipped off of eBay
    #RESIST

Anyone here have experience with the M12 jigsaw?

Also, this has been an expensive weekend with Milwaukee stuff. M18 Fuel circular saw and 9.0 HD battery, M12 3/8 ratchet, M12 Hackzawll, and the M12 Air Snake.
    Got the M18 jigsaw after doing some research, the M12 version sounds underpowered.

The M12 3/8 impact stubby with a CP 2.0 battery will take off lug nuts torqued to 150 ft-lbs, I was very impressed.
    #RESIST

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    How long did you have to hammer on them? Even when I have a 3/8 air ratchet in the game, I break lug nuts manually with a breaker bar because it's just faster. Half-inch gun is different, but I don't usually bother with the weight of one.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    How long did you have to hammer on them? Even when I have a 3/8 air ratchet in the game, I break lug nuts manually with a breaker bar because it's just faster. Half-inch gun is different, but I don't usually bother with the weight of one.
    Not long at all, I’ll shoot a video tomorrow, remind me if I don’t. I think you might be surprised.
    #RESIST

User Tag List