View Poll Results: Cordless battery powered tool of choice?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Milwaukee

47 42.34%
  • Ryobi

11 9.91%
  • Hilti

0 0%
  • DeWalt

38 34.23%
  • Rigid

3 2.70%
  • Bosch

5 4.50%
  • Harbor Freight

0 0%
  • Something else (name it)

7 6.31%
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: The great PF cordless tool debate

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    My latest cordless are 10+ year old 18v Makita, got one of the Drill/driver/hammer drill, skillsaw, jigsaw, etc… sets.

Still work well.

Batteries are going, second set.

Should I get batteries or new tools ?
    New tools. The brushless versions of today are way out ahead of the pack. Your existing batteries may still work if you stay with the same name.

I am guilty of the sin of having multiple brands and thus a rainbow of multiple chargers adorn the workbench. Reason: no one manufacturer makes the best of all categories.

I do enjoy the torque test YouTube channel for making me aware that plenty of competition exists and many cheap brands are catching up to the big brands.

In my garage:
    Milwaukee for impacts/drills
    Kobalt for blowers
    Echo for chainsaw
    Last edited by EMC; 06-21-2023 at 08:27 PM.

I voted Ryobi but I was confused. Not unusual these days. Most of my stuff is Hitachi. I have a few Milwaukee corded tools also. Seems to be excellent quality.

I used to be a Bosch fan but I don't think they've kept up with the rising sun.

I'll just keep buying Hitachi (HiKOKI) until I have a reason not to.

As suspected, most Milwaukee tools are made in other countries, including China.

https://dennisfinds.com/pages/where-...kee-tools-made
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-21-2023 at 08:43 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Any real deals out there.

I use a drill most and would like 2, 1 to drill , 1 for nut driver. Work faster. Other tools will see less use. I like professional grade tools.

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    Any real deals out there.

I use a drill most and would like 2, 1 to drill , 1 for nut driver. Work faster. Other tools will see less use. I like professional grade tools.
    IMO if you want “professional grade” it somewhat depends on what you're doing.

Professional grade for finish, furniture or cabinet carpentry? fesstool

Professional grade for general construction? Milwaukee or Dewalt

I went to Home Depot the other day planning on just getting a Ryobi 18v drill/driver set for the MIL’s house. What would up with was a 12v Milwaukee because I couldn't bring myself not to.

I think I made a mistake. For one thing, I screwed up and got the non-brushless (thinking there wasn't any way to do that in 2023i didn't check) for another, I still run into things that my m12 tools (both brushless and non) at home can't do that the m18 versions can. For another, there's other things Ryobi makes that id like have at her house (and possibly eventually in an RV or vacation home, like a big battery powered fan that can also be corded) that other tool companies don't and I missed my chance to start the ryobi collection.

For pretty much any homeowner or even starting woodworker etc. I'd recommend Ryobi until they fail you. Particularly when only wanting two drills or a drill/driver set. Then look at professional grade after that. If you already know you need 20+ tools then you probably already know what brand you like.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List