View Poll Results: Cordless battery powered tool of choice?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Milwaukee

47 42.34%
  • Ryobi

11 9.91%
  • Hilti

0 0%
  • DeWalt

38 34.23%
  • Rigid

3 2.70%
  • Bosch

5 4.50%
  • Harbor Freight

0 0%
  • Something else (name it)

7 6.31%
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The great PF cordless tool debate

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Milwaukee on all of our service trucks and in the shop. We started with Dewalt, but two things pushed me away.
    1: Battery life, Milwaukee just really seems to out perform in our usage, bandsaw, sawzall's, impacts, drills, lights, grease guns, pipe
    cutoff tools.
    2: Milwaukee always seems to lead in innovation, being first to the market with new tools, with Dewalt following behind.

Also, the manufacturing side of our business uses all Dewalt, so having a totally different brand seems to curb tool "migration" from one side to another.
    That's pretty much our world.. Milwaukee on my personal tools and in the truck/heavy equipment shop. DeWalt in our rental store and in the hardware store. Makita in our Stihl shop (impact and drill)..

I didn't notice Makita in this thread they also make great tools and they've held up every bit as well as DeWalt in our use.

The great PF cordless tool debate

I picked up one of these Hybro brand USB-rechargeable cordless screwdrivers at a large home center when I was in Tokyo last week. I believe it’s a Korean made item. A couple of the Japanese electricians we had doing some work at the site had them, so we asked where we could get some. I paid about 3,900 JPY.

Turns out it is available here in the states as well:

https://www.amazon.com/Hybro-Electri...9&sr=8-2-fkmr0

I quite like it; the speed is pretty fast, and seems to have plenty of torque. I used it tonight to R/R some mag pouches on my USPSA rig, really helped.
    Last edited by RJ; 11-11-2019 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I picked up one of these Hybro brand USB-rechargeable cordless screwdrivers at a large home center when I was in Tokyo last week. I believe it’s a Korean made item. A couple of the Japanese electricians we had doing some work at the site had them, so we asked where we could get some. I paid about 3,900 JPY.

I quite like it; the speed is pretty fast, and seems to have plenty of torque. I used it tonight to R/R some mag pouches on my USPSA rig, really helped.
    I'm going to check those out. The first thing that is failing on my body is my hands. I can't do the manual screwdriver thing much anymore, and there are times a cordless impact is just too bulky.

Site Supporter
    After years of resisting battery powered tools, I bought a Kobalt hammer drill, standard drill, and leaf blower all powered by 24 volt batteries from Lowe's. For homeowner usage, I think these should do well for a while. I used the hammer drill with a spade wood bit to remove some surface roots from an area I am trying to establish grass in. The leaf blower air volume is sufficient for my needs, relatively quiet, and lasts about 15 minutes on one battery. The drill made short work of a popped fence board. It would have taken longer to deal with a cord for my old drill than to actually do the repair with the cordless.
    Last edited by deputyG23; 11-12-2019 at 09:14 AM.

That... is really cool.
    #RESIST

I've had some Porter Cable 20v stuff from Lowe's for about 4 1/2 years now. Drill, impact driver and oscillating tool. I've only used the oscillating tool maybe a dozen times, but when I've needed it, it was definitely the thing I needed. Other tools would have been very inconvenient or just not usable at all. But the drill and driver I use a lot--I've got two batteries apiece for them so I can use them for a pretty long time before they peter out. I do not use my tools all the time, but as a "homesteader" I use them more than the average homeowner, I'd say. At this point, I'm very pleased with the Porter Cable stuff.

I finally trashed my circa 2010-ish Ryobi drill whilst cleaning my chimneys and replaced it with this brushless Ryobi. Goodbye, faithful friend. You did a lot of work for me.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Goodbye, faithful friend. You did a lot of work for me.
    I am still pissed at the dirt bag that broke into the shed and took my chainsaw. Yeah, I got a new chainsaw, it might even be better (I don't think it is...), but me and the old one had history together (mainly clearing for the shed it was stolen from...).

That's a pretty good price for something like that, NOT made in China. Tempting.
    #RESIST

Im wondering if that might be a rebranded Panasonic EY 7412. I know at one time they were rebranding for Milwaukee.

https://www.panasonic-powertools.eu/...ver-ey7412.htm

Last edited by UNK; 03-01-2021 at 01:06 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List