Thread: I need a good 1 gallon water jug.,,

I need a good 1 gallon water jug.,,

...that doesn’t leak. I bought a cheap Igloo and it leaks no matter what. I don’t want to spend a day’s wages on one.

Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Rtic

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    That is a good price. I have one. It’s ratio of surface area is greater so it does not stay as cold for 24 hours compared to 1/2 gallon jug, but it will easily hold ice all day. The spout is small. The Yeti has a better spout, at a significantly higher price. I would buy again.

Thanks! Bought one for the son and I.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    I honestly just buy a gallon of water at the gas station for my crew to start the day off, works pretty well and some of them have just re-used/filled the same jug for the last few months.

I’m a personal fan of having a topped off 3L+ camelbak to start the day with and a 5 gallon cooler for refills.

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    Thanks! Bought one for the son and I.
    I bought one too. Thanks.

Ordering. Thanks.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Glad you posted this, I bought a bunch.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xray 99 View Post
    ...that doesn’t leak. I bought a cheap Igloo and it leaks no matter what. I don’t want to spend a day’s wages on one.

I have a 40 ounce Hydroflask that I use for work. I store it in my freezer and it keeps my water ice cold for my entire shift. I've left it sitting on the counter open over night and it kept the ice frozen. I've also put it to pretty hard use for 3 years (dropping it and having it fall off my car and such) and it's stood up to it I'm pretty sure they make a gallon sized container. I paid 50 bucks for it.

ETA I went back and looked and they do make a gallon sized jug.

As a side note when I worked as a night rover for the city utilities I found the expensive insulated Starbuck's coffee mugs in the most random places all over town. I would take them home and literally boil them and put them to use. If I took coffee to work in one it kept the coffee hot for as long as it took me to drink it and you couldn't beat the price.
    Last edited by Cypher; 07-21-2019 at 09:52 AM.

User Tag List