Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: IDPA/prac tac Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I might get some Comp-2 loaders, as I managed to screw up twice with HKS, dumping rounds in the dirt.
    I do the same thing EVERY DAMN TIME. HKS work great until the timer starts, then they just won't hold the shells for some reason, it's like they are activated by the timer. Safariland for me...

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    I do the same thing EVERY DAMN TIME. HKS work great until the timer starts, then they just won't hold the shells for some reason, it's like they are activated by the timer. Safariland for me...
    I kept putting them off, as I find HKS a lot easier to charge at the range. Without a hard surface, Safariland are hard for me to charge.

I sucked it up and ordered a set of Comp-IIs and a loading block. I like the Comp-IIs as I can use them for carry.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I kept putting them off, as I find HKS a lot easier to charge at the range. Without a hard surface, Safariland are hard for me to charge.

I sucked it up and ordered a set of Comp-IIs and a loading block. I like the Comp-IIs as I can use them for carry.
    They work the other way too. Hold them bullet up when twisting.

Site Supporter
    This thread has me contemplating buying some shims, springs and busting out the Arkansas stones to polish my Ruger's DA sear

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I can’t believe anyone uses HKS over Safariland.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pRpEBq2dc0k
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    This thread has me contemplating buying some shims, springs and busting out the Arkansas stones to polish my Ruger's DA sear

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Do it! The end result for me was worth the effort!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    You threw me there with “receiver ring”. That’s BA rifle lingo.

I think most of us know that area as the forcing cone or “butt of the barrel.”
    Nope.
    I meant "receiver ring" exactly the same way it is used in a bolt action rifle, the part of the action that the barrel screws into.
    The forcing cone of a M&P barrel is fairly stout. I won't say there has never been one to crack but the thin place in the frame between the barrel hole and the cutout for the yoke's bearing of the extractor rod is the weak place. Especially if aluminum; I don't shoot my Airweights much.

Speedloaders: I use Comp III for competition, I even have some Bubba-ed ones that came with my M67. They were cut down to minimize the risk of dragging a round back out as the speedloader is dropped*. Comp II for match reserve and carry.
    I even have some Comp Is, a HKS, and some old Dades that I use only for LAMR.
    I even have one rare SL Variant in Colt/L diameter. It is easy to load, each round is individually retained, but it takes a harder push to release than Safariland or Jetloader.

*Anecdote alert: We had a called revolver special match the other day. I was amused to see shooters who don't get their revolvers out very often pocketing their speedloaders as though a magazine from an auto tac load. Then there were the guys who were also pocketing their empties. I know one of them is so cheap he does not want to lose a few .38s and considers that more important than his time. I think the others were just not in the habit of making a brisk revolver reload.
    Last edited by Jim Watson; 07-25-2019 at 01:32 PM.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    They work the other way too. Hold them bullet up when twisting.
    Maybe I'm a klutz, but I've had iffy luck doing that.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Aim Surplus has trade in S&W 65s and GP100s for around $400. In case anyone feels like making some impulse buys...

That’d be the Persians, IIRC.

If I had brought an ice chest big enough to lie down in, either I could have made a mint or I would have had to shoot people.
    Remember the episode of MASH where the Doctors bought a folding bath tub and filled it with cold water during a heat spell?

User Tag List