Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speedloader and AIWB holster for Colt Night Cobra

Speedloader and AIWB holster for Colt Night Cobra

I’m new to revolvers and recently picked up a Colt Night Cobra to use as a carry gun. I have no idea which Safariland Speedloader will work with this gun or if there are any other recommendations for a speedloader.

I have many semi auto pistols I’ve carried AIWB and am hoping to find a suitable option for this revolver. I was hoping folks here might have some good recommendations for an AIWB holster for the Night Cobra?

Quote Originally Posted by og556 View Post
    I’m new to revolvers and recently picked up a Colt Night Cobra to use as a carry gun. I have no idea which Safariland Speedloader will work with this gun or if there are any other recommendations for a speedloader.

I have many semi auto pistols I’ve carried AIWB and am hoping to find a suitable option for this revolver. I was hoping folks here might have some good recommendations for an AIWB holster for the Night Cobra?
    I'm replying as I'm considering a Colt (new version) Cobra (also probably a Night Cobra).

I don't see a Safariland speedloader for the new-Cobra. I suspect the HKS "DS-A" will work.
    http://www.hksspeedloaders.com/SpeedloaderPage.html

Also, 5Star brand:
    http://www.5starfirearms.com/D6-357-...ries-s/138.htm

I found one holster maker which used to be very-well-thought-of, Kramer. There are a few models, but here's just one which might fit my needs:
    https://www.kramerleather.com/collec...-5-gun-holster

With more time, I'd go to just about every holster website and see which company is making holsters for the new Cobra. It just takes time and various decisions to make, such as holster material, belt attachment method, color, company reputation, price, and lead-time.

Lobo has it listed as well though I'm not familiar with their quality.

http://lobogunleather.com/handguns-accommodated/
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Site Supporter

Speedloader and AIWB holster for Colt Night Cobra

Any speed loader for a detective special, agent, cobra will work. Smith & Wesson kframe (model 10, 19, ect..) speed loaders work also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by serialsolver; 07-28-2019 at 07:44 PM.

Will be watching this, LGS has a Night Cobra on the way for me to look at and most likely I will acquire it.

Mine will be carried mostly OWB though, and it looks like Simply Rugged can fill that need for $60.

I use the HKS DS speedloaders with my NC. Also, add these guys to the list for affordable kydex:

https://www.gunnerscustomholsters.biz/default.asp
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    As mentioned the HKS DS speed loaders work. I also use K frame safari land loaders. However Most of the time I have to sand down the grips at the top as there is interference with the grips and most speed loaders (just more of an issue with the safari land ones).

Not sure if kramer makes an AIWB holster, but I have one of their OWB holsters and they work well for the new cobra. I saw someone else mentioned LOBO leather. I haven't used their AIWB holsters but I have a lot of their OWB and IWB holsters for other guns and they are great.

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    As mentioned the HKS DS speed loaders work. I also use K frame safari land loaders. However Most of the time I have to sand down the grips at the top as there is interference with the grips and most speed loaders (just more of an issue with the safari land ones).

Not sure if kramer makes an AIWB holster, but I have one of their OWB holsters and they work well for the new cobra. I saw someone else mentioned LOBO leather. I haven't used their AIWB holsters but I have a lot of their OWB and IWB holsters for other guns and they are great.
    Regarding the Safariland Speedloader, any idea if the VZ grips for the post 2017 Cobra would clear them or might those need some filing down as well?

Quote Originally Posted by og556 View Post
    Regarding the Safariland Speedloader, any idea if the VZ grips for the post 2017 Cobra would clear them or might those need some filing down as well?
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the pics I've seen of the VZ Cobra grips have a cut on the left side for speedloader clearance.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky_bobby View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the pics I've seen of the VZ Cobra grips have a cut on the left side for speedloader clearance.
    Officially that is what it says it is for. It wasn't enough clearance fo the speed loaders that were made for it, let alone the k frame ones. I put some pictures of what they look like in one of the cobra threads here. I can't find them right now or I would post again. I also tried the altamount grips and had the same issue. They were so pretty though I couldn't bring myself to sand them down.

User Tag List