Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Two years with G43; six months with a G48...

I watched Defoor have feed issues with his Glock 43 for two days during a class last summer with TTI baseplates and a mix of ball and speer gold dot g2. I know that, at the time, he was asking others in class if they had any experience with aftermarket floor plates in G43s that were not causing issues. Not sure which springs he was using with his.

I’m perfectly happy with my 43 and six round mags, but I do change out the flat baseplates for Geeplates. I’ve found they have no effect on reliability and improve handling. I also have several factory pinky extension mags.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

For me and my G43, I must ensure the top round of a mag has to be firmly pushed all the way into the mag.
    Otherwise, I'll end up with that first round not chambering upon releasing from slide lock.

I seldom, if ever, carry the G43 as my primary.
    My G26Gen3 is usually my smaller primary when smaller is desired.
    It's mainly been used as a backup/secondary gun and replaced my S&W 642 in the "BUG" role in the last few years before retiring.

I do have two spare/range mags for the G43 which I've installed Pearce +1 mag baseplates. These mags have so far been as reliable as the unmodified 6-round G43 mags.

Have any of ya'll tried putting one round in your 43 mag and seat it into the magwell with the upper off the gun? I did this the other day and held the barrel on the locking lug by hand and inserted the mag with one round in it. The case hits the bottom of the ejector so much that it cocks the bullet to the left severely. The tip of the bullet wasn't even lined up with the feed ramp. I am actually shocked the last round ever fires like that!

I'd like to know if there has been any updates made to them since mine was bought about a year after they were released. I also tried this exact same thing with my g42 which was made in 2018 and it does not cant the bullet off to the left side of the chamber.

I think that is the cause of not liking some hp or slowing down the slide the last 1/8"

G48

Have had same issues. Seems to only like good quality ammo

We've since added 2 more Vickers TD extensions (w/ their respective springs) to 2 of our mags, and they too are 100% reliable.

It's beginning to seem like Glock has put a few G43 lemons out there, and some seem to only run well with purely stock mags.

Damn shame to hear, and I feel we're very lucky with ours. When they run, they truly are great guns. Surprisingly accurate and easy to shoot, for the size and weight.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    We've since added 2 more Vickers TD extensions (w/ their respective springs) to 2 of our mags, and they too are 100% reliable.

It's beginning to seem like Glock has put a few G43 lemons out there, and some seem to only run well with purely stock mags.

Damn shame to hear, and I feel we're very lucky with ours. When they run, they truly are great guns. Surprisingly accurate and easy to shoot, for the size and weight.
    No, it’s not a few lemons.

Mine runs well with factory 6 rounders but the first G43 I saw put into service after my Agency approved them had 3 malfunctions in a 50 round qual. This was with a competent shooter. I strongly suspect we only approved the 43 because “suits” in HQ wanted it.

As the OP mentioned the G43 is a very tightly calibrated system with a much narrower window of function than a G17 or G19. This is also true of the 43X and 48 which share the 43’s recoil system snd timing.

My agency has stopped approving new G43’s after failed tests of the G43X and G48. it took multiple attempts to get a G43 to pass FBI testing. They were finally approved but with only one ammo type, no mag extensions and no attachments such as lights/lasers. Their experience was any deviation from the stock gun with specific ammo is a roll of the dice.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    No, it’s not a few lemons.

Mine runs well with factory 6 rounders but the first G43 I saw put into service after my Agency approved them had 3 malfunctions in a 50 round qual. This was with a competent shooter. I strongly suspect we only approved the 43 because “suits” in HQ wanted it.

As the OP mentioned the G43 is a very tightly calibrated system with a much narrower window of function than a G17 or G19. This is also true of the 43X and 48 which share the 43’s recoil system snd timing.

My agency has stopped approving new G43’s after failed tests of the G43X and G48. it took multiple attempts to get a G43 to pass FBI testing. They were finally approved but with only one ammo type, no mag extensions and no attachments such as lights/lasers. Their experience was any deviation from the stock gun with specific ammo is a roll of the dice.
    I had a 43 from 2017 until mid 2020. I regret selling it. During the time I had it I found it to be reliable with any ammo I fed it. Of the 4500+ I fed it probably 3500 of those were various reloads. Of course it took me 4500+ rounds to realize it wasn't a better j frame than my j frame or a better sub compact than my 26.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I had a 43 from 2017 until mid 2020. I regret selling it. During the time I had it I found it to be reliable with any ammo I fed it. Of the 4500+ I fed it probably 3500 of those were various reloads. Of course it took me 4500+ rounds to realize it wasn't a better j frame than my j frame or a better sub compact than my 26.
    IME sticking with factory 6 round mags and 115 or 124 grain standard velocity ammo is the best chance for success.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Where would you put the G26 on the list? Presumably between G19 and 43x, but I'm interested in a little Glock and want to make sure it's reliable.

User Tag List