Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Two years with G43; six months with a G48...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Super77 View Post
    Where would you put the G26 on the list? Presumably between G19 and 43x, but I'm interested in a little Glock and want to make sure it's reliable.
    The Glock 26 is IME as reliable as the 19 and 17. Completely different RSA system. In fact the double recoil spring RSA system in all Gen 4 and Gen 5 Glocks originated in the G26 and G27.

In fact, at one point, when the Glock Gen4s first came out, my agency found the G26 and G17 to be more reliable than the G19. More recently the G26 was the only Gen 5 Glock to pass our testing.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The Glock 26 is IME as reliable as the 19 and 17. Completely different RSA system. In fact the double recoil spring RSA system in all Gen 4 and Gen 5 Glocks originated in the G26 and G27.

In fact, at one point, when the Glock Gen4s first came out, my agency found the G26 and G17 to be more reliable than the G19. More recently the G26 was the only Gen 5 Glock to pass our testing.
    That’s a hell of a thing. Good to know and thanks for your insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Super77 View Post
    That’s a hell of a thing. Good to know and thanks for your insight.
    As mentioned the 43 set up is a shrunken tighter set up. The 26 is just a bigger Glock with a different RSA and shorter barrel.

I am one of the lucky ones who has never had issue with any of them from 43 to 34.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Thank you for the great write up.

I’m currently carrying 147 HSTs in my 43, factory mag with GeePlate base pad (no extended capacity). I’ve only got 150 HSTs through mine, but 2K total. The only failure I’ve had thus far was using a +1 pad early on. With factory length mags, all good thus far, and I’ve done a bit of intentional limp wrist tests.
    I guess I got a good one. I’ve currently got 400 147 HST through mine. The only hiccup to date was the one mentioned above.

I wish I kept a better record of overall round count. It’s easier to keep track of the HST, since it’s a much bigger sting to the wallet than my own reloads.

My experience is the total opposite of HCM.

I have a few G43s and they’re all stock and they run fine, one has about 1K of 147 HST and over 4K of mostly 147 Lawman and it shows no signs of failure.

I have tried a Gen5 26 two times, and neither one was reliable with any ammo.

But the 17 being better than a 19? I’ve been preaching about that for years.

My agency has several hundred G43’s. The only issues I see are with aftermarket extended magazines. Other than that, they run fine. We use 147 grain training and duty ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

Out of curiosity, have you tested/vetted the Gen5 G22 yet?

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Out of curiosity, have you tested/vetted the Gen5 G22 yet?

Best, Jon
    You mean my Agency ? They won’t. We’ve never authorized .40 Glocks (only 9mm) and all .40 Cals were de-authorized last year.

I personally have a G23.5 MOS but only have 150 “flawless” rounds through it.

Site Supporter
    Just ran firearms Quals today and saw another G43 choke. Standard factory mags with factory pinky extension, -14 grain +P Gold Dot. Shooter is a former SRT team member and firearms instructor and I saw no shooter issues which would gave induced malfunctions.

Site Supporter
    Anyone know the factory recommended RSA replacement schedule?

I seem to recall it is 2500 rounds?

User Tag List