Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Two years with G43; six months with a G48...

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I strongly suspect we only approved the 43 because “suits” in HQ wanted it.

My agency has stopped approving new G43’s after failed tests of the G43X and G48.
    This was the scuttlebutt I heard as well.
    Actual language may have varied, but... Something to the effect of:

Gun Guys: Sir, This 43 did not pass testing and will not be approved.
    HQ: But we really like it.
    GG: Yes sir, But it did not pass the 10,000 round testing.
    HQ: ...But, its a BACK UP gun, not a primary. We don't shoot those as much, right?
    GG: uh... well, true, but policy states...
    HQ: A back up gun only needs to be tested to 5,000 rounds.
    GG: ...... uh... sir... the policy you folks wrote says 10,000....
    HQ: Nope, 5,000 rounds IS sufficient for a back up gun. So since it was passing at the 5k mark.... IT PASSED!

I am sure it was only rumor, and nothing unethical occurred. Our leaders are far above such behavior.
    #PencilWhipThatShit

I wanted to buy a 43... but I asked around and was warned off. As for the P356, the may have been words to the effect of "there is no way a gun that small should run that well. But it did, and it ran better than many full size guns we tested."
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

FWIW, I qualified two field offices over the past 3 weeks, and had no issues or malfunctions with the G43's (every agent is issued one). We use 147gr ammo.

Site Supporter
    3 years later, has the consensus on how to get maximum reliability out of a G43/43X/48 family weapon changed? Stock mags? No hotter ammo? frequent spring changes? Would 115 Gold Dot be more reliable than 124 standard pressure GD @GJM?

What is the 365 family doing differently to be passing more department testing? Longer recoil spring?

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    What is the 365 family doing differently to be passing more department testing? Longer recoil spring?
    I don’t think that’s the issue because the standard P365 does well in testing and it has a small recoil spring.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    3 years later, has the consensus on how to get maximum reliability out of a G43/43X/48 family weapon changed? Stock mags? No hotter ammo? frequent spring changes? Would 115 Gold Dot be more reliable than 124 standard pressure GD @GJM?

I can't add much -- I have run 115 Gold Dot, used OEM magazines, not run a WML, and while my shooting has been less with Glock slimline models since the 365 family developed, I haven't had reliability issues.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

[QUOTE=Noah;1563286]3 years later, has the consensus on how to get maximum reliability out of a G43/43X/48 family weapon changed? Stock mags? No hotter ammo? frequent spring changes? Would 115 Gold Dot be more reliable than 124 standard pressure GD @GJM?

Am not sure if Glock treated the 43/43X/48 as a scaled down version of their existing platform. SIG was clear that they designed the P365 as a micro 9, not a scaled down P320, and invested heavily in a magazine design. I can't prove it but I think that approach resulted in a more reliable micro 9 versus the micro 9s that Glock launched.

A compensator on a G43 may make it more reliable. My G43 developed reliability issues after mag springs and recoil spring had some wear on them. +2 Magazine extensions for sure had constant feeding issues especially with hotter ammo. Then I put a Faxon comp on, and now it runs fine with a +2 extension magazine with 147 HST even when I’m gripping one handed with a limp wrist using just my thumb and middle finger.

User Tag List