Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Corvette

The market is unavoidable. A $20k mark-up is nuts to consider, but there's no avoiding response to value.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Every time my C6 acts up, I look at what C8s are going for. It’s sickening to see the MSRP price, with the sale price being $20K above MSRP.
    You can get them for MSRP -- which is actually very reasonable for what you get in a C8 -- and that price will be guaranteed if you go to the right dealership(s). You just need to wait several months for your factory allocation to come up so you can place your final order. In the meantime, they hold a $2000 refundable deposit to keep your place in line.

If you don't want to wait, and instead you find one you can buy and drive away immediately, that's when you'll pay tens of thousands of dollars over MSRP.

I still agree with this quote from further up (last page):

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    To put it in perspective, I'm optioning out a Ford F150 Powerboost Lariat. It's a ton of money, and it's my first new car. As a sanity check, I went around and looked at what I could get for the same price. I saw a used Aston Martin V8 Vanquish (not gonna lie, it was tempting). I found I couldn't get a Porsche. I spec'd out a Range Rover that was a stunning display of minimalism...because I couldn't afford any options. More interesting was the Mercedes Benz AMG CLA C35 4Matic, and the BMW M340i xDrive--stunning, and fast.

And then I said, "I wonder if I can get a Corvette." It turns out I could. For the same price as a very nice, very comfortable AWD pickup, I could have a V8-powered, mid-engine sports car, brand-new. For not much more than a Supra, I could have that. With skyrocketing prices across the board, in every segment, the C8 Corvette is a magnificent value proposition.
    Semper Fi, Marines!

AWDCorvette.com - Corvettes and especially the new 2024 all-wheel drive ERay!
    youtube.com/@AWDCorvetteERay

@uechibear

I'm honestly surprised that a dealer would use one of their limited factory allocation spots to sell a car under market value. That's interesting to hear.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Depends on dealer and manufacture. Usually orders don't affect allocation.

Manufactures are checking to see if orders are actually going to the name on the order.... as dealers will use employee or friends names to get more cars.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    @uechibear

I'm honestly surprised that a dealer would use one of their limited factory allocation spots to sell a car under market value. That's interesting to hear.

The best dealers sell in volume, and they're able to do that because people know they'll get the car for MSRP (they have a reputation to uphold). People from all over the country order from just a few Chevy dealers for that reason, and they may sell 800+ Corvettes in a year.

Other dealerships gouge people, so they aren't able to sell nearly as many, and as a result, GM doesn't allocate them many Corvettes. Nobody wants to be promised MSRP, wait a year or more for the car to come in, and then be told by the dealer that it will actually cost them $10k - $40k more than they were originally told!

Quote Originally Posted by uechibear View Post
    You can get them for MSRP -- which is actually very reasonable for what you get in a C8 -- and that price will be guaranteed if you go to the right dealership(s). You just need to wait several months for your factory allocation to come up so you can place your final order. In the meantime, they hold a $2000 refundable deposit to keep your place in line.

If you don't want to wait, and instead you find one you can buy and drive away immediately, that's when you'll pay tens of thousands of dollars over MSRP.

I still agree with this quote from further up (last page):
    I know someone that got in on the 2020 “list”, and have been told they’ll be getting a 2022. My local dealership has a list of over 50 last I checked and they’re likely only going to be able to get 1/2 that. Maybe it’s different in other parts of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I know someone that got in on the 2020 “list”, and have been told they’ll be getting a 2022. My local dealership has a list of over 50 last I checked and they’re likely only going to be able to get 1/2 that. Maybe it’s different in other parts of the country.
    That's a common problem, but as I posted, it's a matter of which dealership you're dealing with.

If you're not lucky enough to have one of the high-volume/guaranteed-MSRP dealerships near you, then it takes a bit of research to find one.

Buying at one of the best dealerships gets you your C8 much quicker and is not painful. You just have to be willing to do basically one of three things... 1.) fly to the dealer to take delivery and then drive your Corvette home; 2.) take delivery at the National Corvette Museum in KY (near the assembly plant) and then drive it home; 3.) arrange for a "courtesy delivery" at your local dealer and pay a small fee to them (each dealership's fee is different, and that's set up through the dealer you're buying from).

Or I guess some people arrange other types of transportation from the dealer to their home by a car delivery service (so 4 options that I know of if you buy "remotely"). In all cases, the paperwork and payment for the Corvette can be done remotely too.

I learned about all this from an online Corvette forum, but living in NH, I got lucky. The 2nd largest Corvette dealer in the world (and the best, as far as I'm concerned) is right here in the "Live Free Or Die" state... something I would not have expected!
    Semper Fi, Marines!

That's a common problem, but as I posted, it's a matter of which dealership you're dealing with.

If you're not lucky enough to have one of the high-volume/guaranteed-MSRP dealerships near you, then it takes a bit of research to find one.

Buying at one of the best dealerships gets you your C8 much quicker and is not painful. You just have to be willing to do basically one of three things... 1.) fly to the dealer to take delivery and then drive your Corvette home; 2.) take delivery at the National Corvette Museum in KY (near the assembly plant) and then drive it home; 3.) arrange for a "courtesy delivery" at your local dealer and pay a small fee to them (each dealership's fee is different, and that's set up through the dealer you're buying from).

Or I guess some people arrange other types of transportation from the dealer to their home by a car delivery service (so 4 options that I know of if you buy "remotely"). In all cases, the paperwork and payment for the Corvette can be done remotely too.

I learned about all this from an online Corvette forum, but living in NH, I got lucky. The 2nd largest Corvette dealer in the world (and the best, as far as I'm concerned) is right here in the "Live Free Or Die" state... something I would not have expected!
    I really want to look at at Corvette, I could make it happen financially if I wanted to. Can I ask which dealer? I’m in NH.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I really want to look at at Corvette, I could make it happen financially if I wanted to. Can I ask which dealer? I’m in NH.
    Sure.

There are about 5 Chevy dealerships in NH, but MacMulkin in Nashua, NH is the king. They sell (and deliver) 800-1000 Corvettes each year compared to maybe 5 at the other dealers.

They have an additional benefit of an Order Tracking page, and I found it very helpful: https://www.macmulkincorvette.com/co...rder-tracking/

Once you understand that page, it will help you gauge how many cars may be at the dealership on any given day; however, you should call to verify what they have on the showroom floor before driving a long distance (not sure of your exact location). Corvettes move in and out quickly! In the last 11 months, I've seen as many as 30 there on some days and and few as 0 (for instance, if there had been a factory shutdown).

They won't let you sit in one because they are all "Sold Orders" but that's appreciated because who wants random people sitting in their car?

Feel free to PM me if you'd like some help with any of the selection or buying process.
    Semper Fi, Marines!

Sure.

There are about 5 Chevy dealerships in NH, but MacMulkin in Nashua, NH is the king. They sell (and deliver) 800-1000 Corvettes each year compared to maybe 5 at the other dealers.

They have an additional benefit of an Order Tracking page, and I found it very helpful: https://www.macmulkincorvette.com/co...rder-tracking/

Once you understand that page, it will help you gauge how many cars may be at the dealership on any given day; however, you should call to verify what they have on the showroom floor before driving a long distance (not sure of your exact location). Corvettes move in and out quickly! In the last 11 months, I've seen as many as 30 there on some days and and few as 0 (for instance, if there had been a factory shutdown).

They won't let you sit in one because they are all "Sold Orders" but that's appreciated because who wants random people sitting in their car?

Feel free to PM me if you'd like some help with any of the selection or buying process.
    Thank you! I’ll PM.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List