Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Corvette

Hammertime
    Enjoyed this.

No C8’s at September Lemans:

https://racer.com/2020/05/11/corvett...Fg-5po-Awm_FK8

Corvette Racing has withdrawn its new mid-engine C8.Rs from September’s 24 Hours of Le Mans. The decision follows a similar one from the Porsche GT Team, Corvette’s IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship GT Le Mans rivals, which confirmed its exit from the French endurance racing classic last week. RACER has also learned the ACO, organizers of the Le Mans event, were notified of the team’s change of plans weeks ago.

Both withdrawals come in reaction to the impact made by the coronavirus. With numerous furloughs and layoffs affecting the domestic and international auto industry, the calls to cut expensive international marketing campaigns like those involving trips to Le Mans fits the need to reduce expenditures

Bummer. I can understand; the savings of not going must be huge. Same for Porsche GT Pro team, they withdrew last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Enjoyed this.
    I enjoyed your video, so I thought I'd revive this thread with a video:

They didn't use Launch Control, so the 0-60 time was slow, but that DCT shifts so fast!
    Semper Fi, Marines!

AWDCorvette.com - Corvettes and especially the new 2024 all-wheel drive ERay!
    youtube.com/@AWDCorvetteERay

Quote Originally Posted by uechibear View Post
    I enjoyed your video, so I thought I'd revive this thread with a video:

They didn't use Launch Control, so the 0-60 time was slow, but that DCT shifts so fast!
    I wish there was a track around here I could hit those speeds at.

I saw that Bucky posted a Ron Fellows car before, but this thread needs more photos!

Name:  Ron_Fellows_RB_Air_Screenshot.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  57.6 KB
    Semper Fi, Marines!

Dropped in to Sebring a couple weeks ago to check out the gift shop and pick up a T-shirt. Spied this C8 outside. It's still a cool car.

Name:  IMG_8346.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  86.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Dropped in to Sebring a couple weeks ago to check out the gift shop and pick up a T-shirt. Spied this C8 outside. It's still a cool car.
    And the C8 happens to be "Sebring Orange Tintcoat", a $995 option.
    Semper Fi, Marines!

I just found out the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring is happening now... until 10:30 tonight. Go Corvette!

Name:  2021_IWSC_Sebring_1500x600_v2.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  51.9 KB
    Semper Fi, Marines!

Between last year and MY2021, they've made over 30k of these things, and the waiting list seems to be growing longer, but I still haven't seen one on the road. Their prevalence is probably location-dependent, though. I recently read that 16 owners got together for a drive in the San Diego area, and here's their photo:

Name:  SanDiego.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  101.2 KB

The C8 in the foreground isn't white. It's called Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic.

One of my coworkers has one and it’s pretty sweet. He said that when he first got it, people were offering him more than MSRP to buy it from him but he didn’t want to risk not being able to get a 2021 so he declined. I’ve seen a couple in the city besides his but they are definitely few and far between.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List