Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Corvette

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Serial number 1, 2020 Corvette just sold at Barrett Jackson auction for $3 million.

Attachment 47430
    Surprising absolutely nobody:

“I won’t ever drive it," said Hendrick, who opts to tool around in a black GMC Tahoe SUV instead. "I’ll put it away."
    https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...ck/4531737002/

On a related note, the Corvette Museum is worth the stop if you're in the area and at all interested in this sort of thing.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Meanwhile in Detroit

Car and Driver and MotorTrend have each published images of a black 2020 Stingray propped up on bricks with its wheels removed on a Detroit street.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/2020-ch...stolen-detroit

It’s sad to hear that the #1 C8 will simply sit.

Perhaps the owner sees it as an investment? If so, maybe he could loan it out to the Corvette Museum. Their infrastructure abd preservation capability will be superior to that of any single individual, and time spent as a show car in the Museum may increase it’s value.

Weird that it’s red. I was under the impression that the #1 car of a generation was traditionally white.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    Weird that it’s red. I was under the impression that the #1 car of a generation was traditionally white.
    The one in the photo op is a body double. It's a pre-production prototype. The real #1 VIN car hasn't been built yet, so it may not be red.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post

Perhaps the owner sees it as an investment? If so, maybe he could loan it out to the Corvette Museum. Their infrastructure abd preservation capability will be superior to that of any single individual, and time spent as a show car in the Museum may increase it’s value.
    If I'm not mistaken, Rick Hendrick bought it. His resources likely surpasses that of the museum's. And he regularly vies to buy GM's #1 VIN cars.
    Last edited by theJanitor; 01-23-2020 at 07:14 PM.

Wink

These feet of mine, they taste delicious.

I do appreciate the further information!
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

some great Vettes in his collection:

I really dislike the C8, but I don't like the Camaro or the full sized trucks much either. To be honest, I really hate the Camaro's looks, and have since it was reintro'ed in 2009. GM is lost to me at this point. Even some of Ford's stuff looks better. This is coming from a 2 time Camaro owner (78 and 86) and one time Firebird owner (79). If the Challenger didn't exist, I guess I would be driving a (gulp) Mustang, and in general, I've never liked the Mustang's look much, regardless of what generation it was. But, it's better looking than the Camaro is. If there is a next gen Camaro, I hope GM gets off the drugs or whatever and makes it look good, but I have little hope they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemiram View Post
    I really dislike the C8, but I don't like the Camaro or the full sized trucks much either. To be honest, I really hate the Camaro's looks, and have since it was reintro'ed in 2009. GM is lost to me at this point. Even some of Ford's stuff looks better. This is coming from a 2 time Camaro owner (78 and 86) and one time Firebird owner (79). If the Challenger didn't exist, I guess I would be driving a (gulp) Mustang, and in general, I've never liked the Mustang's look much, regardless of what generation it was. But, it's better looking than the Camaro is. If there is a next gen Camaro, I hope GM gets off the drugs or whatever and makes it look good, but I have little hope they will.
    While I don’t dislike the C8, I think it’s a step down in looks. Personally, I think the C7 is one of the best looking cars Chevy ever made.

I always enjoy Engineering Explained vids. Top speed 194 mph

“Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List