Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Corvette

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    The C6/C7 Corvette didn't really justify my $ to fun ratio over my Camaro SS. Somebody was potentially trading in a Camaro ZL1, the supercharged Camaro....and I just bought new windshield wipers for mine. Actually, I think I'll go clay bar and wax mine.
    How has your Camaro held up?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    How has your Camaro held up?
    I don't drive it much, but the only thing that's went out is one of the backup sensors in the rear bumper. It's the farthest to the right one because I can hear that it's not clicking when the car is in reverse (with key in 'accessory' position, of course) and all the others are. I'm not sure if a pothole jostled it loose or it's just went out. I don't particularly care because I know how to use mirrors, it doesn't cause an idiot light on the dash, and I don't have to listen to it beep as I back past my truck in the driveway.

I've replaced the battery (original), tires (original), and windshield wipers (probably original) for maintenance items.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I’m visiting my buddy again who owns a Tesla Model 3 with 4-wheel drive. I’m just as impressed this time as I was the first time I drove it. I would take the Tesla hands down over the Corvette, or any comparably priced sports car.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I’m visiting my buddy again who owns a Tesla Model 3 with 4-wheel drive. I’m just as impressed this time as I was the first time I drove it. I would take the Tesla hands down over the Corvette, or any comparably priced sports car.
    Not me. I want V8 noise. I want the ability to take long road trips. I don't want the manufacturer to have the ability to modify my car over the air. Tesla's "over the air updates" can alter things as fundamental as braking distance. Hard pass. I don't give a shit how fast they are, how hard they accelerate, etc. Sports cars are a type of freedom and Tesla isn't that to me.

Not me. I want V8 noise. I want the ability to take long road trips. I don't want the manufacturer to have the ability to modify my car over the air. Tesla's "over the air updates" can alter things as fundamental as braking distance. Hard pass. I don't give a shit how fast they are, how hard they accelerate, etc. Sports cars are a type of freedom and Tesla isn't that to me.
    But, but, but, Teslas come with fart mode now!

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

Not me. I want V8 noise.
    Honest to god, true story: I had my Z06 at work. I was backed into a parking spot in the parking deck, very close to the concrete half wall. As I go to leave, I fire the car up and two cars over the car alarm goes off. Naturally I look to see what’s going on, an no one else is around. Then it occurred to me, the exhaust, the acoustics, reverberation, must of set the alarm off. And yes, it was a Tesla!

Haven’t been able to reproduce it (of course I tried )

I’m becoming an addict. Since this thread was started, I’ve picked up second Corvette (2012 Grand Sport), that’s essentially become a daily driver.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    With all of Tesla's QC and CS issues, I don't think it would be worth the registration fees if I was given one for free.

User Tag List