Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Corvette

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I saw 9 on a car hauler. They were completely wrapped in white plastic sheeting for protection while in transport. Not many Chevys get that treatment.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I saw 9 on a car hauler. They were completely wrapped in white plastic sheeting for protection while in transport. Not many Chevys get that treatment.
    I saw a YouTube where a transport driver explained that there's a specific way they put the Corvettes on the truck—facing forwards or backwards, depending upon airflow in each loading position. They also use Styrofoam blocks (or similar material) between the car and the white covers to keep them from flapping in the wind and scuffing up the paint.

And protective material is put on the side vents at the factory so that when the transport drivers get into and out of each C8 while loading/unloading, they don't accidentally smash the black vent trim that sticks out on the steel frame of the hauler.

Precious cargo must be protected!
    Semper Fi, Marines!

AWDCorvette.com - Corvettes and especially the new 2024 all-wheel drive ERay!
    youtube.com/@AWDCorvetteERay

I've had a great day, so I'll celebrate with a photo of this "murdered out" C8:

Name:  Black.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  72.8 KB

No, I did not buy this car!

Quote Originally Posted by uechibear View Post
    Precious cargo must be protected!
    Last two days were spent going to Nashville from Ohio and back (first customer facing meeting in 15mo!) so we went right past the factory and saw a lotta the precious cargo on both legs of the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Last two days were spent going to Nashville from Ohio and back (first customer facing meeting in 15mo!) so we went right past the factory and saw a lotta the precious cargo on both legs of the trip.
    Something like this? Last week at BGA:

Name:  BGA.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  53.3 KB

Due to parts shortages, the assembly plant will not be operating next week. This is the 2nd such shutdown in May and the 5th week of planned shutdowns so far this model year. That's the bad news.

The good news is that if you put down a deposit, wait 9-21 months (depending on dealership), and then pay them $65k-$95k when the car comes in, you'd finally be able to sit in a C8 Corvette for the first time... in the car you just bought for the privilege!

This car would be in the top end of that price range (convertible, Z51 Performance Package, black roof/nacelles, red brake calipers, upgraded wheels, and very likely some other good performance options like Front Lift and Magnetic Ride Control):

Name:  White_Black.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  59.9 KB

Site Supporter
    I've had a great day, so I'll celebrate with a photo of this "murdered out" C8:

Name:  Black.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  72.8 KB

No, I did not buy this car!
    In general, I actually like the look of the c7 over the city. That c8 looks extraordinary in black, though.

The good news is that if you put down a deposit, wait 9-21 months (depending on dealership), and then pay them $65k-$95k when the car comes in, you'd finally be able to sit in a C8 Corvette for the first time... in the car you just bought for the privilege!
    To put it in perspective, I'm optioning out a Ford F150 Powerboost Lariat. It's a ton of money, and it's my first new car. As a sanity check, I went around and looked at what I could get for the same price. I saw a used Aston Martin V8 Vanquish (not gonna lie, it was tempting). I found I couldn't get a Porsche. I spec'd out a Range Rover that was a stunning display of minimalism...because I couldn't afford any options. More interesting was the Mercedes Benz AMG CLA C35 4Matic, and the BMW M340i xDrive--stunning, and fast.

And then I said, "I wonder if I can get a Corvette." It turns out I could. For the same price as a very nice, very comfortable AWD pickup, I could have a V8-powered, mid-engine sports car, brand-new. For not much more than a Supra, I could have that. With skyrocketing prices across the board, in every segment, the C8 Corvette is a magnificent value proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    To put it in perspective, I'm optioning out a Ford F150 Powerboost Lariat. It's a ton of money, and it's my first new car. As a sanity check, I went around and looked at what I could get for the same price. I saw a used Aston Martin V8 Vanquish (not gonna lie, it was tempting). I found I couldn't get a Porsche. I spec'd out a Range Rover that was a stunning display of minimalism...because I couldn't afford any options. More interesting was the Mercedes Benz AMG CLA C35 4Matic, and the BMW M340i xDrive--stunning, and fast.

And then I said, "I wonder if I can get a Corvette." It turns out I could. For the same price as a very nice, very comfortable AWD pickup, I could have a V8-powered, mid-engine sports car, brand-new. For not much more than a Supra, I could have that. With skyrocketing prices across the board, in every segment, the C8 Corvette is a magnificent value proposition.
    Said another way.....

Trucks are stoopidfuckinexpensive now.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I had a 2007 single cab Ram with V-8 and crank windows, cloth bench seat, without power door locks.

Basically every truck today is a 4 door, with I'm assuming an upgraded (from base) engine with power everything and infotainment. After that, figure it's an easy sell to get 4WD and leather, head and cooled bucket seats. If that's what gets specced, then it becomes a luxury vehicle (in terms of comfort) with additional towing and off-roading capabilities. That's gonna cost, and it seems like every truck I sit it is that sort of equipped, to say nothing of the ones with lifts and suspension upgrades.

On one hand, the prices are staggering, on the other hand, it feels like we've done this to ourselves. Ford stopped selling cars but for the Mustang, there's so much money to be made in trucks.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

User Tag List