Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Corvette

Yeah, it's incredible the supply vs. demand. Meanwhile, C7s are demanding a premium. I saw a few at the dealer, a couple years old and low mileage, basically for what they sold for new.

Hopefully the 2022 Z06s will make it to market before the "all electric" mandate.

Quote Originally Posted by uechibear View Post
    Between last year and MY2021, they've made over 30k of these things, and the waiting list seems to be growing longer, but I still haven't seen one on the road. Their prevalence is probably location-dependent, though.
    There’s a lot of rich showy people in SE FL. That may explain why I’ve seen several.

Most shameful was the one I saw parked at the sporting clays facility. Looked in the window to see the remains of at least two different McDonald’s extra value meals all over the console and passenger seat.

I object very little to the fact that it was McDonald’s. Object quite a bit to the disrespect shown such a cool car, but I guess it’s his money and he can wipe his ass with it if he wants.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Not sure I mentioned this, I actually could’ve bought one at Corvettes at Carlisle. Also, the prices were sticker, not inflated. There was a dealer that had a few, but being I bought the 2019 just about a year earlier, it wasn’t in the budget. And no, I really don’t wanna get rid of my 2019 either so there is that.

There is another thing, my logical side says for such a new design for them, wait a couple model years. That was pretty much the reason we bought the ‘19 and didn’t wait. Of course, we had no idea the C8 would be so damn cool!

To my mind, the only thing that the C8 does not do like the traditional European mid-engine supercars is rev to really high numbers- but!- I trust the mechanical reliability of the LS engine far more, and I prefer NA to what I feel are, by comparison, overstressed forced induction engines in the competition.

I'm not in the market for a car like this, the roads around me aren't anywhere what they need to be to justify something like this, but make mine a shiny blue convertible.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    ... make mine a shiny blue convertible.
    Elkhart Lake Blue or Rapid Blue?

Name:  ELB_Black.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  100.6 KB

Name:  RB_Coupe1.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  97.8 KB

I couldn't find a comparable Rapid Blue convertible photo, so I posted a coupe instead.
    Semper Fi, Marines!

AWDCorvette.com - Corvettes and especially the new 2024 all-wheel drive ERay!
    youtube.com/@AWDCorvetteERay

While I'd certainly be very happy either way, the Elkhart Lake tugs at me just a bit more. Particularly with that tan interior.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Yeah, I agree... the tan interior (Chevy calls it "Natural") goes with both blues very well.
    Semper Fi, Marines!

AWDCorvette.com - Corvettes and especially the new 2024 all-wheel drive ERay!
    youtube.com/@AWDCorvetteERay

Quote Originally Posted by uechibear View Post
    Elkhart Lake Blue or Rapid Blue?

Name:  ELB_Black.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  100.6 KB

Name:  RB_Coupe1.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  97.8 KB

I couldn't find a comparable Rapid Blue convertible photo, so I posted a coupe instead.
    I was at a Corvette club show/hangout last night and these two color C8s were there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    To my mind, the only thing that the C8 does not do like the traditional European mid-engine supercars is rev to really high numbers- but!- I trust the mechanical reliability of the LS engine far more, and I prefer NA to what I feel are, by comparison, overstressed forced induction engines in the competition.
    It’s strongly rumored the C8 Z06 will change that in 2022. Time will tell.

There is something to be said of the grunt and less stress of the LS and newer LT engines, especially they’re masterpiece the LT5.

Or maybe...
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Object quite a bit to the disrespect shown such a cool car, but I guess it’s his dad's money and he can wipe his ass with it if he wants.

User Tag List