Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Corvette

Thats bad ass blues

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Do you currently have a Z06?
    No. My screenname was made in highschool when I wanted a Z06 and Orion was taken everywhere. It's stuck ever since. Ironically pre-C7, I hated most of the vette's because I experienced German cars and was ruined. My goal starting college was to have a Corvette within 5 years of graduating college, without having any real bearing on what the costs and practicalities were.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Ladies and Gents, this link below is a C5Z for $18,500 and less than 20,000 miles. There are not a lot of cars for less than $20k with this level of performance.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...3649/overview/

The great thing about this car was that it could cruise on the freeway and get 28mpg. My wife used to pick up the kid at school in it and you could limp around like any other Chevy. And then you could stomp on it and enjoy 405hp/405ftlb. The grip level was pretty high though, so losing traction in fast corners was a scary affair. I can understand the single car Corvette accident!

I really didn't take many pictures of my car but this will be the last picture... I promise!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    Ladies and Gents, this link below is a C5Z for $18,500 and less than 20,000 miles. There are not a lot of cars for less than $20k with this level of performance.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...3649/overview/

The great thing about this car was that it could cruise on the freeway and get 28mpg. My wife used to pick up the kid at school in it and you could limp around like any other Chevy. And then you could stomp on it and enjoy 405hp/405ftlb. The grip level was pretty high though, so losing traction in fast corners was a scary affair. I can understand the single car Corvette accident!

I really didn't take many pictures of my car but this will be the last picture... I promise!

And the car you linked to is yellow. Kinda want. Should pay off my student loans before I buy something like that.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    Accident reported
    Vehicle ran off road
    Vehicle overturned
    Involving undercarriage impact
    It hit a stationary object
    It hit an embankment
    It hit a utility pole
    Damage reported to:
    Left side
    Left rear
    Left front
    Hood
    Roof
    Trunk
    Undercarriage
    Windshield
    Vehicle towed
    Airbags did not deploy
    01/09/2008

Damage Report
    TOTAL LOSS VEHICLE
    Per the carfax.

Car is Mint,
    Per the ad.

Hard pass.

That said, the C5's are getting pretty reasonable. Like I said, I strongly considered it when I ended up with the Camaro SS instead.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Belay my last!!!

You can get 100k mile 2003-2004 Z06s for under $20k all day. I just did a sort on Cars.com for the cheapest, lowest mile 03-04, and viola: A mint, totaled Z.

When I was looking in 2010 the prices were about the same. The low miles cars were between $25-30k. I bought mine with 16,767 miles on the clock. It was never rained on and in immaculate condition. The guy selling it was upset that he had to drive on a dirt road to meet us at the local airport (my friend flew me down to Oregon to pick it up).

The 2005 Z06 was another $10k or so. But it really didn't blow my skirt up like the C5Z.

Back to the 2020. I don't know if I want a car like this without a manual. Yes I know the SMG transmission is faster but I enjoy the third pedal. Sorry Ferrari, if I win the lotto I will be driving a Porsche with a clutch pedal. And maybe a 2019 Grand Sport for grocery shopping.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Mid engine at $60k and sub 3s 0-60? That is the sound of Porsche Cayman prices falling into the basement.
    Probably won't do much to the three-pedal '09-12 S model prices, sadly, as people who still want one of those aren't likely to be distracted by Chevy's newest hotness.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

One of the better videos I’ve seen.

https://youtu.be/3ge2Xdq8w34

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

RJ, - you and I have had some conversation about the 2000 S Class I "inherited" from my brother. If you would care to hear a story about a 19 year old and a 1963 Z06, pm me. Don't wanna drift this thread too (my specialty).

User Tag List