Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    It’s strongly rumored the C8 Z06 will change that in 2022. Time will tell.

There is something to be said of the grunt and less stress of the LS and newer LT engines, especially they’re masterpiece the LT5.
    With a Z06 and a ZR1 left to go, the outmost limits will be things to behold. I think the idea that Z06 will have forced induction and ZR1 will be gasoline-electric hybrid are probably the most likely.

While I respect the people who will go for the greater performance, the existing Stingray/Z51 are already offering so much.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

not directly related, but I guess kind of since we're discussing the impact that the new model is having on previous model used market. The C7, I believe, went from 2014-2019? which I think makes it the shortest run ever for a Corvette?

If I look up a 2015 with less than 45k miles on it within 500 miles of me it looks like they are starting in the $46-48k range. is that higher than they would have been previously? I guess it's kind of hard to figure that out since there's a lot of relativity with the new model having been "out" for over a year now. I think the base price in 2014 was something like $52k? So presuming that these lowest-priced used models are pretty much "base", it looks like (at the moment) they definitely held their value with a $4-6k drop over 6 years?

I think what I'd ideally love to do is wait and buy a C7 when the C9 comes out.

although with it being the last front-engine (presumably) and the shortest run of any model, they'll probably be $100k by then. Maybe I need to buy one now.

"No honey, listen, it's an INVESTMENT! yeah, I know I'm driving it around, but it's like I'm getting paid to drive a Corvette!"
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

The C8 looks like something from a Star Wars movie. The last Corvette that caught my attention was a 67. Styling went downhill from there. I know they're better in almost everyway but look at some of the prices for the 60's era Corvettes. This one sold for 111K at auction.

https://www.hemmings.com/auction/196...let-corvette-1

Honestly, if I were dropping 75K on sportscar it wouldn't be a C8.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    With a Z06 and a ZR1 left to go, the outmost limits will be things to behold. I think the idea that Z06 will have forced induction and ZR1 will be gasoline-electric hybrid are probably the most likely.

While I respect the people who will go for the greater performance, the existing Stingray/Z51 are already offering so much.
    The rumor mill, for what it’s worth, say the Z06 will be naturally aspirated. Supposedly a 5.5L flat plane. While it may be a few horse less than the C7 Z06, it’ll be able to more HP to the pavement. Traction is a real problem in the C7.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    not directly related, but I guess kind of since we're discussing the impact that the new model is having on previous model used market. The C7, I believe, went from 2014-2019? which I think makes it the shortest run ever for a Corvette?

If I look up a 2015 with less than 45k miles on it within 500 miles of me it looks like they are starting in the $46-48k range. is that higher than they would have been previously? I guess it's kind of hard to figure that out since there's a lot of relativity with the new model having been "out" for over a year now. I think the base price in 2014 was something like $52k? So presuming that these lowest-priced used models are pretty much "base", it looks like (at the moment) they definitely held their value with a $4-6k drop over 6 years?

I think what I'd ideally love to do is wait and buy a C7 when the C9 comes out.

although with it being the last front-engine (presumably) and the shortest run of any model, they'll probably be $100k by then. Maybe I need to buy one now.

"No honey, listen, it's an INVESTMENT! yeah, I know I'm driving it around, but it's like I'm getting paid to drive a Corvette!"
    The original thought was it would depress C7 prices, but COVID. All used cars are up. Corvette got a lot of press, lots of attention, then couldn't fulfill the demand. C8 blue balls sufferers then bought C7s. My guess is it's a bubble, but I've been wrong before.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The rumor mill, for what it’s worth, say the Z06 will be naturally aspirated. Supposedly a 5.5L flat plane. While it may be a few horse less than the C7 Z06, it’ll be able to more HP to the pavement. Traction is a real problem in the C7.
    With a flat plane crank and the mid-engine, it’ll ge real hard to tell those apart from Ferraris.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    There’s a lot of rich showy people in SE FL. That may explain why I’ve seen several.
    Your comment provides a reason to post another C8 photo.

I don't know how "rich" or "showy" he is, but over the weekend someone I'm familiar with (through the Internet) flew up to a NH dealership to pick up his new Corvette and is currently driving it home. His location is listed as Southeast FL, so this car with be coming into your area soon:

Name:  RM_BCA.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  58.9 KB
    Semper Fi, Marines!

AWDCorvette.com - Corvettes and especially the new 2024 all-wheel drive ERay!
    youtube.com/@AWDCorvetteERay

They announced the new MY2022 colors at the National Corvette Museum Bash that ends today. These colors are replacements for three "similar" discontinued colors... Amplify Orange instead of Sebring Orange, etc.

Name:  newcolorAO.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  39.8 KB

Name:  newcolorC.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  52.4 KB

Name:  newcolorHG.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  36.3 KB

Actual body panels:

Name:  newcolors.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  52.7 KB

I like some of the existing C8 colors better, but opinions vary greatly, and it's difficult to judge by photos alone.

I just saw one of these new corvettes in person for the 1st time yesterday. I didn't know it was possible, but it looked even better in person than it does in pics. Do want much.

There’s an orange one down the road in Patterson, and
    I’ve seen a white one rolling around town.

While I’m still sticking with the blue as my favorite, the Caffeine looks really nice.

User Tag List