Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Thank you! I’ll PM.
    Replied.

Since this page doesn't have a photo yet, this is a reminder of what we're talking about.

Name:  IMG_5652_Crop.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  58.0 KB

It's worth the extra effort to get one!
    Semper Fi, Marines!

AWDCorvette.com - Corvettes and especially the new 2024 all-wheel drive ERay!
    youtube.com/@AWDCorvetteERay

Quote Originally Posted by uechibear View Post
    That's a common problem, but as I posted, it's a matter of which dealership you're dealing with.

If you're not lucky enough to have one of the high-volume/guaranteed-MSRP dealerships near you, then it takes a bit of research to find one.

Buying at one of the best dealerships gets you your C8 much quicker and is not painful. You just have to be willing to do basically one of three things... 1.) fly to the dealer to take delivery and then drive your Corvette home; 2.) take delivery at the National Corvette Museum in KY (near the assembly plant) and then drive it home; 3.) arrange for a "courtesy delivery" at your local dealer and pay a small fee to them (each dealership's fee is different, and that's set up through the dealer you're buying from).

Or I guess some people arrange other types of transportation from the dealer to their home by a car delivery service (so 4 options that I know of if you buy "remotely"). In all cases, the paperwork and payment for the Corvette can be done remotely too.

I learned about all this from an online Corvette forum, but living in NH, I got lucky. The 2nd largest Corvette dealer in the world (and the best, as far as I'm concerned) is right here in the "Live Free Or Die" state... something I would not have expected!
    Good info, thanks. For the short term, I’ll practice a little more patience. The ‘19 Z06 still has its new car smell, so I shouldn’t be this anxious to get one. (If only I had such restraint on some gun purchases. Yes, I paid $500 for an APX when it was the new thing.)

Just wanted to congratulate the Corvette Racing team's #63 C8.R and and drivers Antonio Garcia, Jordan Taylor and Nicky Catsburg for a very strong P2 in LM GTE Pro at Lemans this past weekend. Good job!

https://speedwaymedia.com/2021/08/22...le-mans-debut/

OK so it's possible to get a new Corvette for MSRP if you find the right dealer and are willing to wait?

Taking the starting price of $60-70k, is there anything else on the market right now that competes? Porshce Cayman?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    OK so it's possible to get a new Corvette for MSRP if you find the right dealer and are willing to wait?

Taking the starting price of $60-70k, is there anything else on the market right now that competes? Porshce Cayman?
    I previously owned a 981S (earlier generation Porsche Cayman) and would not cross shop a C8 vs. a new Cayman. If I was in the Corvette market, looking for a C8, I also don't think I'd be looking at a Cayman for comparison. A 718 is a smaller, turbo flat four, lighter weight sports car which is more focused on handling/curves than straight out HP. By all accounts, the C8 can do both.

The Corvette (to me) occupies a pretty small niche (in fact I'm not sure there's another like it) of uniquely styled, American made, mid-engine, V8 powered, affordable (ok well, under 100K) price point. I would imagine Corvette buyers are comparing it with other "specialty" models from Ford (Mustang) or Dodge (Hellcat), but I'm not very familiar with the latest high-performance offerings from domestic manufacturers.

The traditional rivalry has been 'Vette vs. 911, but the current 911 prices are eye-watering.

The most unique aspect of the C8, as earlier mentioned, is the combination of pushrod V-8 with mid-engine layout, at a price substantially lower than the competition. The Euro mid-engined exotics are all high-revving cars, while the current C8 is not. The Z06 sure sounds like it will be high-revving, but guaranteed to cost quite a bit more.

The mid-engine design is exciting, and for the price/quality of the C8 value proposition, I could 100% live without a high-revving car. Maybe the closest competitor would be a V-8 Audi R8, but I'm not up to date on the various engine (V-10s are out there) options or the pricing. McLarens might be the best looking and maybe even the best performing, but reliability is abysmal and the depreciation on a new one is as frightening as the maintenance on a used one. Ferraris and Lambos are even better looking, and even better performing, but for how much more they cost (!!!!), they better be.

Camaros and Mustangs, depending on trim/engine/transmission are outstanding performers, and closer in price to the C8, but are not mid-engined.

The C8 is in a really unique place, and it seems like a place that the market really desires. In certain ways, it seems like what the old NSX accomplished.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    Well damn...thanks to @uechibear (seriously, thanks for the insight into the process) now I’m thinking about a C8.

Then again, I suspect the lack of a third pedal and being overpowered for pushing it safely on back roads means it wouldn’t be optimal as a fun car for me. Heck of a buy for those for whom it’s a good fit!

Glad I can be helpful, @Le Français

I agree with most of the previous two posts. I don't think there's really anything to compare a C8 to in the current marketplace for HP, handling, styling, and price.

I'll also say that in the 11 months since I started shopping for a C8, I've seen only three of them on the road, and two of those were when I went to PA. Even in NH -- with the 2nd largest Corvette dealership in the world -- they are still quite rare, and because most people have never seen one, they definitely get attention from the public wherever you go.

If you want to fly under the radar, this is NOT the car for you!
    Semper Fi, Marines!

AWDCorvette.com - Corvettes and especially the new 2024 all-wheel drive ERay!
    youtube.com/@AWDCorvetteERay

Found this on Rennlist (Porsche forum I'm on) of all places; there's a lively thread (3,000+ comments) there on the new C8.

Enjoy!

...and by the way, just to illustrate what the average online rennlister (Porsche enthusiast) thinks of the C8, the poll results are strongly in favor:

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  27.8 KB

Personally, I really like it as a high-performance affordable sports car.

User Tag List