Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: 2020 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Sounds like the ERay is like the new Grand Sport. I too prefer the 6.2 sound, must make me old because the kids are nuts over the flat plane sound.
    Yes, the ERay has the wide body like Grand Sports had in the past, and many people think that in the C8 generation it's a replacement, but some are still hoping for a traditional Grand Sport that is not a Performance Hybrid.

The 6.2L V8 is music to my ears! Not sure if this will embed or not, but if it doesn't, it's worth a click.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cxa8KrTvDne/
    Semper Fi, Marines!

AWDCorvette.com - Corvettes and especially the new 2024 all-wheel drive ERay!
    youtube.com/@AWDCorvetteERay

On the 13th, the ERay news embargo lifted, and I've seen about 20 review videos since then. This is one of my favorites because it has Executive Chief Engineer for Corvette, Tadge Juechter providing technical details.

At one point, he says "An ERay retractable hardtop is one of the most complicated machines you can buy as a consumer. Of anything!"

That really stood out to me, so I researched and posted a lengthy and informative article about it on my website. No room for the entire quote in my title, and I wanted to make sure I didn't misquote Tadge, so I went with, "'One of the Most Complicated Machines' -Tadge" (top of the ERay Experiences page).

The technology involved in making all of the systems in an ERay work together seamlessly and complement each other is mind boggling.
    Semper Fi, Marines!

Car & Driver - The Quickest Cars We Tested in 2023​

Two corvettes make the top 10 list, with the Z06 at #5 and the E-Ray at #3.

2022 Ferrari 296GTB: 2.4 Seconds to 60 MPH
    2023 Porsche Taycan Turbo S: 2.4 Seconds to 60 MPH
    2024 Chevrolet Corvette E-Ray: 2.5 Seconds to 60 MPH
    2023 McLaren Artura: 2.6 Seconds to 60 MPH
    2023 Chevrolet Corvette Z06: 2.6 Second to 60 MPH
    2024 BMW M3 CS: 2.7 Seconds to 60 MPH
    2023 Porsche 911 GT3 RS: 2.7 Seconds to 60 MPH
    2022 Porsche 911 GT3: 2.8 Seconds to 60 MPH
    2023 Mercedes-AMG EQE: 2.8 Seconds to 60 MPH
    2024 Porsche Cayenne Coupe Turbo GT: 2.8 Seconds to 60 MPH
    2023 Aston Martin DBX 707: 2.9 Seconds to 60 MPH
    2023 Lucid Air Touring: 3.0 Seconds to 60 MPH
    2023 Lamborghini Urus Performante: 3.0 Seconds to 60 MPH

2023 Chevrolet Corvette Z06: 2.6 Seconds to 60 MPH

The 670-hp Corvette Z06 has an 8600 rpm redline, sure, but its roar rings beautifully well before hitting that mechanical ceiling. There's a lot to love about the Z06. It annihilated the 755-hp C7 ZR1's laptime at Virginia International Raceway this year, posting the fifth-fastest time in Lightning Lap history with a 2:38.6. To match its wild 2.6-second launch to 60 mph, it managed 1.14 g of grip on our skidpad. And while the hybrid E-Ray is fractionally quicker to 60, the Z06 begins to pull ahead at 100 mph, eventually landing a full second ahead at 150 mph which arrives just 15.2 seconds after stepping on "go." The meat wrapped around the 21-inch rear wheels on the Z06 measures 345/25ZR-21, wider than any of the other rubber on the list.*

*My Note:
    The bolded part above isn't true because the ERay has the same size tires.

2024 Chevrolet Corvette E-Ray: 2.5 Seconds to 60 MPH

Hybridization gave the mid-engine 'vette a mechanical makeover this year. The Corvette E-Ray wears the aggressive widebody outfit of the 670-hp Z06, but is instead powered by a 495-hp V-8 plus a 160-hp AC motor in front. Total output is 655 horsepower and the very first hybrid Corvette also marks the first time one sold with all-wheel drive. The E-Ray's 2.5-second to 60 mph achievement isn't just astounding, it's the best of any Corvette we've tested. Our test car stickered at $113,985 with a few options, the most important being the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S ZP tires, making the E-Ray the cheapest car on the list by $55k. Needless to say, arriving just a tenth behind the $507,751 Ferrari on this list is a very good look.

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...-cars-in-2023/
    Semper Fi, Marines!

Quote Originally Posted by uechibear View Post
    [B][SIZE=5]

2023 Chevrolet Corvette Z06: 2.6 Seconds to 60 MPH

The 670-hp Corvette Z06 has an 8600 rpm redline, sure, but its roar rings beautifully well before hitting that mechanical ceiling. There's a lot to love about the Z06. It annihilated the 755-hp C7 ZR1's laptime at Virginia International Raceway this year, posting the fifth-fastest time in Lightning Lap history with a 2:38.6. To match its wild 2.6-second launch to 60 mph, it managed 1.14 g of grip on our skidpad. And while the hybrid E-Ray is fractionally quicker to 60, the Z06 begins to pull ahead at 100 mph, eventually landing a full second ahead at 150 mph which arrives just 15.2 seconds after stepping on "go." The meat wrapped around the 21-inch rear wheels on the Z06 measures 345/25ZR-21, [B]wider than any of the other rubber on the list.*
    Track conditions must be key. I’m also thinking this was a 0-60 with rollout. Other testers are struggling to get this under 3. Still, I’m sure it hooks much better than my ‘19 Z06. Unlike some who thinks burn outs and drifting is cool, I’d rather not spin my tires. Seems to me the ERay may be the sweet spot for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Track conditions must be key. I’m also thinking this was a 0-60 with rollout. Other testers are struggling to get this under 3. Still, I’m sure it hooks much better than my ‘19 Z06. Unlike some who thinks burn outs and drifting is cool, I’d rather not spin my tires. Seems to me the ERay may be the sweet spot for me.
    I agree. GM went as far as they could in pure acceleration performance w/ the C7. At that point they simply needed more weight on the rear wheels so C8 mid-engine. But then eventually you need either; even more weight on the rears, or you need to feed power to the fronts that have so far been unused in acceleration. Of course that will add more weight to the whole car which can be a negative. The Z06 getting the lead at >100mph is fine but how often can you do >100 in normal driving. Also, in any kind of reduced traction scenario such as rain, the E-Ray will retain a higher % of it's dry performance. In a way it is unfortunate but, like with auto trans now being faster than a stick, all wheel drive is faster than 2 wheel drive. You can't beat the physics. OTOH, kind of like me buying a base 19 Stingray w/ a manual trans, the Z06 might be more enjoyable because of less weight or because of engine sound than the E-Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Burn outs and drifting were cool when I was in high school (believe me, I did plenty), but now I'm much more interested in having reliable traction in the largest percentage of street conditions possible and "kick me in the butt" torque.

A lot of people are buying the Z06 because of the high-pitched engine sound, but some have been disappointed after getting it because they didn't realize that for it to sound good, they need to be running around at 3500+ RPM all the time. Sure, that's what some guys want, and the aggressive drivers are only getting 10-15 MPG. I actually prefer the low growl of the Stingray/ERay V8. It's the sound of traditional American muscle that I'm used to, and I'll only have to go to the gas station half as often — while also being quicker off the line.
    Semper Fi, Marines!

After waiting 13 months since deposit, my Corvette ERay is getting built this coming week (2/26 TPW). It could be built on Leap Day! Would that rarity make it worth more money?

I even got a cool VIN!

Invoicing of dealers has begun, and deliveries will soon follow, so I shouldn't have to wait long.
    Semper Fi, Marines!

User Tag List