Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Corvette

heh.
    you have my attention.

I'm wanting to have such an eclectic car collection.
    Last edited by hufnagel; 01-08-2020 at 08:51 PM.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    https://www.automobilemag.com/news/g...vettes-street/

According to Kentucky State Police, a trooper stopped Alexander Thim and Mark Derkatz on the evening of Wednesday, January 8, on Lovers Lane in Bowling Green, for exceeding the posted 45-mph speed limit by more than 26 mph, reckless driving, and racing motor vehicles on a public road. Automobile has not yet been able to verify just how much higher than 71 mph the cars were traveling
    Whoopsie.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Amateur hour!

Here is the Police Blotter from when my compatriots were on a work trip (redacted by me). Thankfully I was not on this trip! One of the three didn't come back on company travel. Oops.

Police Blotter 6/13/09
    In-town drag racing results in arrests

Police responded to a report of reckless driving near the intersection of College Boulevard and Garden Avenue. According to the report, three XXX employees from the XXX area were in Roswell for training at the international air center. Their employer rented three Chevrolet Impalas from Avis Rent A Car for them to drive during training. All three vehicles had the police packages, which includes a more powerful engine and a beefed-up suspension. According to the manager at Avis, the men took the cars out onto the runway on Monday, spinning doughnuts and driving at speeds of 120 mph.

Later, two of the men were arrested and charged with reckless driving after racing in the area of College Boulevard and Garden Avenue. The back end of one of the vehicles was totaled after it slammed into a fire hydrant. Eight tires valued at $2,400 were completely shredded and required replacement. Avis billed XXX for the damages.
    Last edited by rayrevolver; 01-10-2020 at 09:49 PM.

I'm raising the bullshit flag on this one.

You really expect me to believe the idea of Corvettes not being driven 10mph under the speed limit in the fast lane?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    More details on the engineers' street racing escapades:

Alexander Thim, 27, of West Bloomfield, and Mark Derkatz, 30, of Windsor, Ontario, were clocked by Kentucky state troopers Wednesday night going 120 mph and 100 mph, respectively, in a 45-mph zone,
    and:

Kentucky State Troopers detected the scent of alcohol on both joyriders
    https://www.freep.com/story/news/202...ys/4450339002/

*edit*

On a side note, "joyriders" has historically meant the car was stolen. I'm not sure why the media is using the term in this case.
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 01-14-2020 at 08:10 AM.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    You really expect me to believe the idea of Corvettes not being driven 10mph under the speed limit in the fast lane?
    It was 27-30 yr old engineers driving them, not the people who buy them. Does make it hard for them to try a 'real world use testing' defense.
    Last edited by DC_P; 01-14-2020 at 09:06 AM.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

On a side note, "joyriders" has historically meant the car was stolen. I'm not sure why the media is using the term in this case.
    To be fair, screaming down the road at 120 MPH is still a joy ride, even if you are in legal possession of the vehicle..., not that I’d know, of course.

Reminds me of when I was selling new Toyota's about 30 years ago. I went along with a customer on a test drive in an MR2. We made it about three blocks from the dealership at high speed before being pulled over by a cop. After the perfunctory speeding ticket, the customer drove the MR2 right back to the dealership and bought a Corolla......
    Last edited by oakdalecurtis; 01-14-2020 at 05:48 PM.

Site Supporter
    I used to be a salesman at British Motor Cars in Sacramento. We were one exit away from the Sacramento State fairgrounds. MG, Triumph, Jensen Healey, Jaguar all had a demo on the fairgrounds' parking lot, which was larger than any autoX. And on those occasions that I got a potential Lotus buyer...
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Serial number 1, 2020 Corvette just sold at Barrett Jackson auction for $3 million.

Name:  23B9C8C4-135B-4FBE-8A1E-688171294035.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  44.2 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List