Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Border Patrol Hits a Breaking Point - Politico Article

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    So apparently you think Trump's deportation and border security policies are working.

I'm not sure why anyone would think that a return and a deportation doesn't accomplish the same thing. An illegal, no matter who they are, how they got here or how long they've been here is still in the country illegally.

Trump doesn't have a permanent director of DHS and the interim director is politically wary of Trump's directives just as the last director was. The fact is Trump doesn't have an acting director because nobody wants to be a scapegoat for a failed immigration policy. The huge increase in the numbers of crossers should be more than enough to convince anyone of that. Who cares who they are, how they got here or where they came from.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...raids-n2548810
    The crisis at the boarder has nothing to do with the number of people that Trump is deporting. It has everything to do with the surge in people arriving from South and Central America trying to gain access.

Don’t get me wrong, 15-30 million people living in America illegally, most of whom extract far more in government support (education, healthcare, incarceration, etc.) than they contribute in taxes, is a problem. But the fact that we can’t deport them fast enough seems like a bad reason to relax our posture towards the fence climbers.

Again, give me 10 million land mines and 10 organ procurement teams on standby and I’ll solve our immigration and kidney disease problems overnight...
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The NFL (Nine For Life) Club went away after 9/11. CBPOs and BPAs have been Journeyman GS-12s for many years.

This is an indication you are dealing with someone operating on information that is outdated, here-say, or both.
    As long as no one mistakes me as the one that posited that standard earlier in this discussion.

Frankly, I don't use grade level as an indication of anything in particular (but pay scale). I know better.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark Jackson View Post
    bahahaha! funniest thing i've read all week.
    Thanks for adding to the conversation, reading your post was a good use of my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Thanks for adding to the conversation, reading your post was a good use of my time.
    Anytime.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/537552600

...Initial entry paygrade?

It seems unlikely that anyone's going to be posting an SF-50 here in order to be designated a credible source.

Right now, all I can take away from your writing, is that you find the posts of others disagreeable; but it doesn't seem like you've got a substantive grasp of the matter.
    Other than I lived on the border for 16 years and spent some time there during the winter months recently.

I don't have any information about what goes on within the CBP other than what I actually saw and a few CBP that I talked to who were working out of the Sonoita and Ajo stations. I'm not sure what their pay grade was because I didn't ask. I bumped into them in the sticks.

I don't expect anyone who actually works for CBP on the border to post up anything for obvious reasons. I just find it incredible that the situation on the border got so F'd up and getting worse by the day. Mostly the CBP isn't prepared to deal with the situation but I'm not placing any blame on them. The problems are in DC as I suggested.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

This article is garbage, poorly researched and misleading, as are some of the comments being made here. With some notable exceptions (the few posters who’ve had direct experience). Moral was in the shitter under the former administration and is much, much better under the current. There is a huge exodus from the Patrol and no one is surprised (apparently we’re nazis who operate concentration camps). Why would you want to stay if you could transfer to a less hated agency with equal or better pay and not have to live in a border community (most people who live in and have spent time in the border region have absolutely no idea about what is actually going on down here in my experience). I’m a member of our union but what’s being said about Trump not delivering has everything to do with pay (out unions primary interest as far as I can tell and although I’m not thrilled about that I get it) and little else. The Patrol is not a relief agency, although its been pressed into that roll without the proper facilities, personnel, resources or funding to carry out that roll (this has been the case since before the former administrations second term) where it was not only not been a problem until “bad orange man” started talking about it bringing it to the forefront of political discussions (a good thing) but was actively swept under the rug and had policies put into place at high levels making it worse.
    There has been terrible things done by a number of Officers and Agents and that is absolutely inexcusable. Fuck them, I hope they all rot or eat a gun and wish they would have before they betrayed the rest of our trust. Again, fuck them. Some of this may be from the mass hiring in the 2012 era and some might not be. The current operation tempo in some Sectors can be overwhelming and when that type of stress is put onto any organization you will see people crack under the pressure. Again, fuck them, they are not of my tribe and I make no excuses for that type of behavior.

@TCB, stay safe and strong out there. I hope you guys get some of the funding and relief you need to address the issues you face.
    If there is anything that we can do personally to help out, hit me up via PM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I'm not sure why anyone would think that a return and a deportation doesn't accomplish the same thing.
    It's been roughly 20 years since I was on the border for JTF-6, but even then you saw the voluntary return guys trying again later the same day. The border was so porous that illegals would run across to go to Wal-mart then run back. Catching them resulted in fingerprinting then being released on their side to try again in a few hours. Catch them again, do the same thing again.

I'm certainly not going to claim deportation is a solid barrier to re-entry, but it does have different legal ramifications and (potential) penalties for repeat violators vs the return.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

@TCB,

Yah buht r u eh GS 9 no ur not so you don’t no nthing ma opinyun is frum gs9

Dur dur dur
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    @TCB,

Yah buht r u eh GS 9 no ur not so you don’t no nthing ma opinyun is frum gs9

Dur dur dur
    T, what time is it where you are? Is the drinking lamp lit?

User Tag List