Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Border Patrol Hits a Breaking Point - Politico Article

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Unions backing a presidential candidate.

That should be your clue right there of more problems to come.

Look at where we are now after the election. >100K crossers a month.

That has to be some kind of record happening on Trump's watch.
    Your ignorant comments always make me laugh.

Look at where we are now after the election. >100K crossers a month.

That has to be some kind of record happening on Trump's watch.
    If you were going to plan to enter another country in violation of their laws wouldn't you accelerate your plans to do so when you have a majority of the government blocking the presidents efforts to deal with the problem and a bunch of booger eating morons congregating on a stage saying there should be open borders and free healthcare for people in the county illegaly?
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    If you were going to plan to enter another country in violation of their laws wouldn't you accelerate your plans to do so when you have a majority of the government blocking the presidents efforts to deal with the problem and a bunch of booger eating morons congregating on a stage saying there should be open borders and free healthcare for people in the county illegaly?
    Of course I would. But those morons have been saying that for as long as I remember. Obama deported a lot more illegals than Trump ever will. He was known as the deporter-in-chief. Bidens been taking a lot of heat for the numbers that were deported during the Obama adm.

https://www.axios.com/immigration-ic...5cf72f4b1.html

Obama had a working plan that was funded by congress and Trump's plan was to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it. ???

Illegal border crossings surged under Trump, to the highest levels in well over a decade.

The plan, if there ever was one has failed. I wouldn't believe everything Trump says because most of it just isn't going to happen.
    Last edited by Borderland; 07-20-2019 at 11:52 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

@Borderland,

Are you trying to make a point?

Deportations were so high under Obama compared to any previous president because of a change in policy and what constitutes a deportion. If you were caught in the border zone pre-Obama and returned same day on a bus, you weren't technically "deported" under the definition of US law, and so it wasn't counted as a deportation. Obama's numbers were so high because those were counted as deportations.

He wasn't actually "deporting" (in a common use of the word) more people than prior administrations.

In addition, if you talk to border patrol agents during his administration you'll hear the words "selective placement"; i.e. agents purposely being assigned to non-trafficking areas/off the routes so that less apprehensions would occur. It was specifically to make the border appear more secure due to the lower apprehension numbers, because a portion of agents were placed in areas where they wouldn't apprehend anyone. It was no different than progressive cities playing with their COMPSTAT program to make precincts or programs look artificially successful.

Finally, I'm not sure what you're trying to get at with the graphics you posted......the one graphic doesn't have any definitions or values of any sort, and the other one actually shows Obama having lower apprehension numbers than the administrations on each end. If you look at the surge in Trumps administration, it's because the cool thing to do today is to be pro-EWI and do everything possible to make the American government fail at large, whether it's justified or not, simply because Orange Man Bad. With regards to the surge in border crossings, it's because all sorts of PACs, legal aid societies and pro-EWI "humanitarian NGOs" (i.e. trafficking organizations) have made concerted efforts at literally importing EWIs by the busload (literally hiring charter buses and bringing them to the border). They advise these EWIs of how to make bogus asylum claims and play the system. When the administration tries to do virtually anything, these legal aid societies go "judge shopping" for an injunction in the 9th Circuit like a West Virginia drug addict looking for a pill mill doctor.

These same organizations that bring people to the Rio Grande and tell them to cross then post politicized pictures of the children who drowned trying to cross the Rio. Children who they actually paid, directed, or otherwise directly supported their endeavor to cross the Rio Grande. Those kids who are getting trains ran on them by traffickers until they die, or who at least live but contract HIV? Their situation doesn't matter, because there's a greater narrative at play: Orange Man Bad. So fuck the humanitarian crisis at the border which is directly caused by these PACs/NGOs/legal aid societies.

This effort is truly unprecedented in American history, which is why you're seeing the surge. It's fucking disgusting.

So, I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but I'm fairly confident you don't have any idea what you're talking about anyway.
    Last edited by TGS; 07-21-2019 at 12:08 AM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    @Borderland,

Deportations were so high under Obama compared to any previous president because of a change in policy and what constitutes a deportion. If you were caught in the border zone pre-Obama and returned same day on a bus, you weren't technically "deported" under the definition of US law, and so it wasn't counted as a deportation. Obama's numbers were so high because those were counted as deportations.

He wasn't actually "deporting" (in a common use of the word) more people than prior administrations.

In addition, if you talk to border patrol agents during his administration you'll hear the words "selective placement"; i.e. agents purposely being assigned to non-trafficking areas/off the routes so that less apprehensions would occur. It was specifically to make the border appear more secure due to the lower apprehension numbers, because a portion of agents were placed in areas where they wouldn't apprehend anyone. It was no different than progressive cities playing with their COMPSTAT program to make precincts or programs look artificially successful.

Finally, I'm not sure what you're trying to get at with the graphics you posted......the one graphic doesn't have any definitions or values of any sort, and the other one actually shows Obama having lower apprehension numbers than the administrations on each end. If you look at the surge in Trumps administration, it's because the cool thing to do today is to be pro-EWI and do everything possible to make the American government fail at large, whether it's justified or not, simply because Orange Man Bad. With regards to the surge in border crossings, it's because all sorts of PACs, legal aid societies and pro-EWI "humanitarian NGOs" (i.e. trafficking organizations) have made concerted efforts at literally importing EWIs by the busload (literally hiring charter buses and bringing them to the border). They advise these EWIs of how to make bogus asylum claims and play the system. When the administration tries to do virtually anything, these legal aid societies go "judge shopping" for an injunction in the 9th Circuit like a West Virginia drug addict looking for a pill mill doctor.

These same organizations that bring people to the Rio Grande and tell them to cross then post politicized pictures of the children who drowned trying to cross the Rio. Children who they actually paid, directed, or otherwise directly supported their endeavor to cross the Rio Grande. Those kids who are getting trains ran on them by traffickers until they die, or who at least live but contract HIV? Their situation doesn't matter, because there's a greater narrative at play: Orange Man Bad. So fuck the humanitarian crisis at the border which is directly caused by these PACs/NGOs/legal aid societies.

This effort is truly unprecedented in American history, which is why you're seeing the surge. It's fucking disgusting.

So, I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but I'm fairly confident you don't have any idea what you're talking about anyway.
    Yup. Apples to Oranges. Several differences between Obama era stats and now:

Obama counted “Voluntary Return” (VR) of Mexican nationals as “deportations.” TLDR version - VR is not a deportation and has none of the legal consequences of a formal deportation.

During the Obama administration the majority of those arrested and deported or granted VR were Mexicans. Mexicans can be returned to Mexico without travel documents same day via land border ports of entry. OTMs (Other Than Mexicans) must be detained, travel documents obtained from their home country and flown back. Regardless most, even the OTMs were still solo adult males.

We saw the surge of Un Accompanied Children (UAC) start at the end of the Obama administration. Now 70% of all border apprehensions are either UAC or family units with minor kids (whether real families or not) AND the MAJORITY are now OTMs. Guatemala is now the number one source country for border apprehensions followed closely by Honduras. Even if they don’t claim asylum or are denied it takes 2-4 weeks to get travel documents from their country and get them on a flight.
    Last edited by HCM; 07-21-2019 at 01:05 AM.

@Borderland,

So apparently you think Trump's deportation and border security policies are working.

I'm not sure why anyone would think that a return and a deportation doesn't accomplish the same thing. An illegal, no matter who they are, how they got here or how long they've been here is still in the country illegally.

Trump doesn't have a permanent director of DHS and the interim director is politically wary of Trump's directives just as the last director was. The fact is Trump doesn't have an acting director because nobody wants to be a scapegoat for a failed immigration policy. The huge increase in the numbers of crossers should be more than enough to convince anyone of that. Who cares who they are, how they got here or where they came from.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...raids-n2548810
    Last edited by Borderland; 07-21-2019 at 09:25 AM.

@Borderland,...it's because the cool thing to do today is to be pro-EWI and do everything possible to make the American government fail at large, whether it's justified or not,
    Yes. More of the left's “Cloward-Piven Strategy” (essentially the concept of wrecking capitalism by overwhelming government bureaucracy with impossible demands, thereby driving society into crisis and economic collapse).

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Yes. More of the left's “Cloward-Piven Strategy” (essentially the concept of wrecking capitalism by overwhelming government bureaucracy with impossible demands, thereby driving society into crisis and economic collapse).
    Wow, talk about a blast from the past. I haven't heard those names since my college days in the early 70's.

Good point, Willard. I don't doubt that is the strategy employed by some.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

So apparently you think Trump's deportation and border security policies are working.

I'm not sure why anyone would think that a return and a deportation doesn't accomplish the same thing. An illegal, no matter who they are, how they got here or how long they've been here is still in the country illegally.

Trump doesn't have a permanent director of DHS and the interim director is politically wary of Trump's directives just as the last director was. The fact is Trump doesn't have an acting director because nobody wants to be a scapegoat for a failed immigration policy. The huge increase in the numbers of crossers should be more than enough to convince anyone of that. Who cares who they are, how they got here or where they came from.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...raids-n2548810
    I'll try to be a little more direct. Failed immigration policy.
    Last edited by Borderland; 07-21-2019 at 12:19 PM.

Borderland,

How much direct contact have you had with the BP and\or border enforcement operations?
    Jules
    Runcible Works

User Tag List