Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Border Patrol Hits a Breaking Point - Politico Article

Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    Borderland,

How much direct contact have you had with the BP and\or border enforcement operations?
    Not much tho I've spent some time on the border recently and seen the operations.

If you mean how close am I to the BP command structure? I have no information about that.

Do you?
    Last edited by Borderland; 07-21-2019 at 02:59 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Not much tho I've spent some time on the border recently and seen the operations.

If you mean how close am I to the BP command structure? I have no information about that.
    It seems curious that you so ardently disagree with those that have direct contact with the subject matter. Is there any level of expertise or supporting information that could be provided, that might change your mind on this?
    Jules
    Runcible Works

It seems curious that you so ardently disagree with those that have direct contact with the subject matter. Is there any level of expertise or supporting information that could be provided, that might change your mind on this?
    Sure, if it came from someone who actually worked for the CBP as a GS-9 or higher.

Do you work for CBP?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Sure, if it came from someone who actually worked for the CBP as a GS-9 or higher.
    https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/537552600

...Initial entry paygrade?

It seems unlikely that anyone's going to be posting an SF-50 here in order to be designated a credible source.

Right now, all I can take away from your writing, is that you find the posts of others disagreeable; but it doesn't seem like you've got a substantive grasp of the matter.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/537552600

...Initial entry paygrade?

It seems unlikely that anyone's going to be posting an SF-50 here in order to be designated a credible source.

Right now, all I can take away from your writing, is that you find the posts of others disagreeable; but it doesn't seem like you've got a substantive grasp of the matter.
    Why?... the Russians and the Chinese already have all our data. (Though I only seem to get regular alerts from the monitoring agency about sexual predators living within so many miles of my residence. Unfortunately none are good looking women as far as I can tell.)

This may be the first time I've ever seen a GS-9 being rolled out as the standard by which to judge knowledge, experience and probity.

There's nothing civil about this war.

So apparently you think Trump's deportation and border security policies are working.
    I do?

Oh, well, thanks for letting me know that.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

This may be the first time I've ever seen a GS-9 being rolled out as the standard by which to judge knowledge, experience and probity.

Do you?
    My knowledge comes from being the investigator (on the US side for 1.5 years) of a child smuggling investigation culminating in the prosecution and collapse of a South American transnational crime family as well as a few other D&B fraud investigations, and to a degree my professional and personal association with several ICE and BP friends.
    Last edited by TGS; 07-21-2019 at 05:24 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Yup.
    #RESIST

This upcoming April... I’ll be a GS-9. Don’t think by then, I’d be an expert on the subject. Graduation is in five weeks.

I might see the southern border soon enough... people have been getting periodic emails, saying that after graduation, mandatory TDY down there.

Mixed feelings on it... I do want to actually move into my new house, but supposedly the pay is pretty decent.

Site Supporter

The NFL (Nine For Life) Club went away after 9/11. CBPOs and BPAs have been Journeyman GS-12s for many years.

This is an indication you are dealing with someone operating on information that is outdated, here-say, or both.
    Last edited by HCM; 07-21-2019 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Really appreciate your nuanced and even handed insight on this highly polarizing topic.
    bahahaha! funniest thing i've read all week.
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

User Tag List