Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turkey / Missiles / F-35's / Guns?

Turkey / Missiles / F-35's / Guns?

With Turkey taking delivery of Russian missiles it appears they will be kicked out of the Lockheed F-35 stealth fighter program. Does this impact the import of Turkish made guns into the United States at some point?

Here are some of the brands that are currently or have recently imported guns from Turkey:

• Stoeger
    • Weatherby
    • CZ
    • Mossberg
    • Winchester
    • Remington
    • Canik
    • Zenith
    • Tisas
    • SKB
    • Charles Daly
    • Tristar

Quote Originally Posted by 36trap View Post
    With Turkey taking delivery of Russian missiles it appears they will be kicked out of the Lockheed F-35 stealth fighter program. Does this impact the import of Turkish made guns into the United States at some point?

Here are some of the brands that are currently or have recently imported guns from Turkey:

• Stoeger
    • Weatherby
    • CZ
    • Mossberg
    • Winchester
    • Remington
    • Canik
    • Zenith
    • Tisas
    • SKB
    • Charles Daly
    • Tristar
    Doubt it.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Since I wouldn’t willingly give a nickel to any Turkish company, nothing that happens will effect me.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by 36trap View Post

• Stoeger
    • Weatherby
    • CZ
    • Mossberg
    • Winchester
    • Remington
    • Canik
    • Zenith
    • Tisas
    • SKB
    • Charles Daly
    • Tristar
    CZ isn’t imported by or made in Turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    CZ isn’t imported by or made in Turkey.
    Unless something has changed, CZ shotguns are made in Turkey.

Site Supporter
    I believe a lot of shotguns come out of Turkey. My Mossberg SA20 for example.

Site Supporter
    Turkey is not my favorite country and I wouldn't buy a gun from them as I type this on my Chinese made computer. Oh, I will put on my Austrian Glock - the home of the 'H' man, whose name must not be spoken on the Internet.

Seriously, I wouldn't buy a gun from a country sliding into a religious dictatorship. Vote the guy out, I might. I see Trump was dragged kicking and screaming into stopping the F-35 sale.

With so many good shotguns made in the U.S., Italy, or Japan - why even buy a Turkish slag gun? Seriously, I don't get it.

The shotguns can all be replaced with superior products for not even really that much more money. A Winchester 101 is a couple of hundred more than a CZ and it's made in Belgium/Portugal by FN. Franchis are roughly the same price made in Italy.

Let's not even get started on shitty Turkish handguns. Oh noes! The Walther P99 clones...err Caniks...will dry up and people will have to buy actual Walthers. Or just do the right thing and buy HK VP9s.

And I don't know a single person who owns a Turkish made rifle. When you can buy a Howa, Tikka, Ruger, Savage, even a kind of shitty Remington for easily less than a G - why anyone would buy a Turkish rifle is lost on me.

I know I am just a bitter gun snob - But I so would like to see the shitty Turkish guns go away. We got rid of the shitty Chinese guns and no one really noticed. We can get rid of the shitty Turkish guns and no one will notice, either. After that, maybe we can get rid of the shitty American guns...looking at you Hi-Point, SCCY, Jimenez, Cobra, etc.

Site Supporter
    I have some very nice Sporting Clays shotgun and of course some Rem 1100s but I like my cheap Tristar, Mossberg, and Stoeger shotguns for their purposes. I gave up Nike and pro Football - I am keeping my cheap shotgun vice.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    With so many good shotguns made in the U.S., Italy, or Japan - why even buy a Turkish slag gun? Seriously, I don't get it.

The shotguns can all be replaced with superior products for not even really that much more money. A Winchester 101 is a couple of hundred more than a CZ and it's made in Belgium/Portugal by FN. Franchis are roughly the same price made in Italy.

Let's not even get started on shitty Turkish handguns. Oh noes! The Walther P99 clones...err Caniks...will dry up and people will have to buy actual Walthers. Or just do the right thing and buy HK VP9s.

And I don't know a single person who owns a Turkish made rifle. When you can buy a Howa, Tikka, Ruger, Savage, even a kind of shitty Remington for easily less than a G - why anyone would buy a Turkish rifle is lost on me.

I know I am just a bitter gun snob - But I so would like to see the shitty Turkish guns go away. We got rid of the shitty Chinese guns and no one really noticed. We can get rid of the shitty Turkish guns and no one will notice, either. After that, maybe we can get rid of the shitty American guns...looking at you Hi-Point, SCCY, Jimenez, Cobra, etc.
    I agree and I'm not buying a Turkish made gun as a matter of principle. I'm sure many people don't know they are buying a Turkish made gun. Stoeger as an example sure doesn't market their guns as being made in Turkey or even mention it on their website. Stoeger connects every dot possible to their parent company Benelli and it's not uncommon for people to say Stoeger is just a cheaper Benelli.

User Tag List