Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Gun Trailer is Out

I'm more excited for lucha libre this weekend.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    For some unknown reason, they seem to have not cast Kelly McGillis to reprise the role of Charlie?

Attachment 40292
    Thank you. I'm trying to lose weight and now I have no interest in dinner tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    The Navy cooperated with filming, and from what I’ve read, let them use actual F-18’s for filming.
    Hopefully I’m wrong about this, but I’d wager the “actual” parts involve the “safe” stuff like carrier takeoffs, landings, and static shots. Sequences involving the plane turning = CGI.

The Tomcat flight scenes are definitely CGI unfortunately, as the Navy went to justified extremes destroying any flyable Tomcat long ago.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Hopefully I’m wrong about this, but I’d wager the “actual” parts involve the “safe” stuff like carrier takeoffs, landings, and static shots. Sequences involving the plane turning = CGI.

The Tomcat flight scenes are definitely CGI unfortunately, as the Navy went to justified extremes destroying any flyable Tomcat long ago.
    I’m pretty sure I read that Cruise was allowed to fly in the back seat of a 2-seater to film some of the scenes. There’s also some video out there of some F-18’s “buzzing the tower” for the movie.

I despise airplane-related CGI. I’ve not seen anyone yet that does it well.

Banned
    How did Maverick manage to stay in the Navy and on (Apparently he's non profitable according to the trailer) Flight Status for 40 years?

Last edited by Cypher; 07-18-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    How did Maverick manage to stay in that Navy and on Flight Status for 40 years?
    Because he's Maverick?

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 10.48.04 PM.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  36.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    Wouldn't it be ironic if they had to fight Iranian F14's?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I’m one of those folks that needs to not be so serious about the military stuff in action flicks, so I would find it unbelievably ironic to have an Iranian F14 “fighting” a Super Hornet. That’s probably not what you meant, and I probably need to lighten up a bit.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    How did Maverick manage to stay in the Navy and on (Apparently he's non profitable according to the trailer) Flight Status for 40 years?
    I thought the same thing and that's why I'm going to pass on this movie.

Within the first 30 minutes, someone will say "he was a legend back in the day, but then he got screwed when he bucked the system." The middle part of the movie will be him trying to prove himself against the young pilots, butting heads with the brass, and questioning retirement. Redemption will come when he saves the world from communism, probably by sacrificing himself.

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    Within the first 30 minutes, someone will say "he was a legend back in the day, but then he got screwed when he bucked the system." The middle part of the movie will be him trying to prove himself against the young pilots, butting heads with the brass, and questioning retirement. Redemption will come when he saves the world from communism, probably by sacrificing himself.
    Hey man, you know there is a spoiler font, right?....

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    I thought the same thing and that's why I'm going to pass on this movie.

And I'll be there enjoying every predictable minute. I just ask they keep political agenda pushing to a minimum.

User Tag List