Thread: Metaphor for life

Metaphor for life

I'm working on some paper revisions, due in a few days. I have been busily rewriting code a co-author originally wrote, because that co-author decided to just quit on us. This afternoon I got jump up and down excited, because I managed to advance from one error I had been stuck on since yesterday afternoon, to a new distinct error in the code.

And I thought, "Wow, what a metaphor for life - slow incremental advancement from one error to another."

There ya go, Life is just slow incremental advancement from one error to another. So slow that you are excited by moving between mistakes.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    There ya go, Life is just slow incremental advancement from one error to another.
    Name:  You_Should.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  24.9 KB
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I remember once rock climbing and thinking that its the imperfections that give you the hand holds.
    If life were without error then it would not be at all clear where to attack it and how to begin.
    "To achieve any significant technological breakthrough, much Derp must be endured." -Rich@CCC
    "Your shotgun is running a bit frenetic, you should add some lavender to your lubricant, that should calm it down." -Aray, Oils and Lotions SME

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    If you put something on a T-shirt, it should be your comment about how we struggle to find meaning in life because we no longer struggle to live.

I mentioned it to my wife and it has become her mantra.

But this is also good, I just wanted to mention your past successful pithiness as well.

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    If you put something on a T-shirt, it should be your comment about how we struggle to find meaning in life because we no longer struggle to live.

I mentioned it to my wife and it has become her mantra.

But this is also good, I just wanted to mention your past successful pithiness as well.
    I've been having a pretty great week overall.

This made it awesome.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Well, not to swell your head too much but it made her list of embroidery projects. She has this thing about embroidering non-embroidery type stuff on flowery, granny-looking needlepoint crafts. Like a doily that says "There is no Dana; there is only Zuul." Or one year she knitted my dad a pair of gloves that said "HUNT" and "FISH" on the knuckles, like tattoos.

So I guess I'll have to get your full name at some point between it's going up on the wall.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    “we struggle to find meaning in life because we no longer struggle to live”

RR-
    I evidently missed when you posted this (or it was somewhere in the 3rd paragraph of a 6-paragraph post and I lost interest )

But seriously- I really like that one.
    Last edited by GyroF-16; 07-20-2019 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    RR-
    I evidently missed when you posted this (or it was somewhere in the 3rd paragraph of a 6-paragraph post and I lost interest )

But seriously- I really like that one.
    6+ paragraph posts are where the magic happens.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

User Tag List