Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non NFA Maxim 9- the future of RDS Pistols ?

Site Supporter

Non NFA Maxim 9- the future of RDS Pistols ?

Silencerco appears to be developing a fixed barrel, non NFA version of their Maxim9 without the intergral suppressor of the original.

While the emphasis in the article appears to be on suppressor issues, what I find more interesting is the MRDS amounted forward on the fixed barrel. This is one answer to the longevity issues the G forces of a reciprocating slide induce in MRDS.

http://soldiersystems.net/2019/07/17...edium=facebook
    Last edited by HCM; 07-17-2019 at 08:28 PM.

Yes. Yes. Yes.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

How in the world are you gonna AIWB that?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I rented a maxim 9 at a range and was underwhelmed by it.

However, I absolutely think (or rather hope) fixed barrel pistols are the way of the future. They allow for taking full advantage of what are probably the two biggest advancements in handguns in the last decade: optics and suppressors.

It seems to me the Laugo Arms Alien is the best hope for a modern fixed barrel handgun, though I could definitely see the Maxim appealing to a broader customer base.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    How in the world are you gonna AIWB that?
    You could say the same about a C96 broom handle Mauser but things get refined over time.

As for the Maxim9 specifically, the suppressor is removable on this model.
    Last edited by HCM; 07-17-2019 at 11:40 PM.

Hopefully during development this time they spend more than a few minutes on the trigger..... I've had some staple guns with better triggers in them than the maxim 9 sample I shot.
    Last edited by rcbusmc24; 07-18-2019 at 12:37 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Silencerco appears to be developing a fixed barrel, non NFA version of their Maxim9 without the intergral suppressor of the original.

While the emphasis in the article appears to be on suppressor issues, what I find more interesting is the MRDS amounted forward on the fixed barrel. This is one answer to the longevity issues the G forces of a reciprocating slide induce in MRDS.

http://soldiersystems.net/2019/07/17...edium=facebook
    Name:  Maxim 9 1.jpg
Views: 2275
Size:  48.8 KB

Name:  Maxim 9 2.jpg
Views: 1637
Size:  93.8 KB

It will be very interesting to see if firearms in general evolve this direction. But most folks seem to prefer pistol RDS to be closer to the rear of the gun than the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    It will be very interesting to see if firearms in general evolve this direction. But most folks seem to prefer pistol RDS to be closer to the rear of the gun than the front.
    I think that's a matter of practicality and not preference.

While I don't know if I'd like the RDS up front, I also can't try that to figure that out with currently available options for guns and holsters.

Site Supporter
    This talk of fixed barrels makes me think of a Beretta 92 with some sort of boss on top of the barrel that an optic could mount to. It is, in essence, fixed, since it neither tilts, nor rotates. But maybe I'm just too sleep deprived...

User Tag List