Thread: Peltor or Walkers earbuds worth it?

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar

Peltor or Walkers earbuds worth it?

Anybody got these that can weigh in?

I’m fine with Howard Leight earmuffs for pistol. For rifle...basically I’ve got a tiny head and earmuffs don’t work. I can switch to standard earplugs for that, but if there’s an earbud that works all day every day I’m all ears (ha).

I’m also half deaf already, so if you say they sorta work most of the time I’m not sure that’s what I need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wear moulded ear (non electronic) plugs all the time. Indoors Peltor Tactical electronic muff with the plugs always. Outdoors small calibers nines and 22s plugs. Rifle and 45s the muffs go back on. Already have a bit of tinnitus and don't want it to get worse. You can never get what you lost back.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

When I took Paul Howe’s rifle class a couple years back he was wearing Peltor TEP-100’s and spoke very highly of them. I keep meaning to get a set.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    When I took Paul Howe’s rifle class a couple years back he was wearing Peltor TEP-100’s and spoke very highly of them. I keep meaning to get a set.
    @GJM has recommended the TEP-100s here and based on that I purchased a pair. For hunting, I like them a lot; for an indoor range I would lean toward more protection.
    Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

- William Pitt the Younger

I ran two different sets of the Walker's over the ear devices over a period of years back in my USPSA days, and while they worked very well, they lasted about 18-20 months and conveniently died after they went out of warranty. Not durable units. At least those models back in that era 10 years ago.

Site Supporter
    I have a set of the Walkers Ear Buds (the ones that use hearing aid batteries). They work well for my intended use case (shotgunning outdoors and potentially hunting) as I struggle to get a good cheekweld on long guns with muffs. They don't feel like they're giving me a good seal, but when I'm around gunshots, they're fine. Dunno. The biggest problem I run into is the batteries don't last long even when not in use (a fault of hearing aid batteries). I buy them in bulk from Amazon to mitigate the issue.

I also have owned a set of the quad-mic muffs from Walker for nearly 10 years now. They work great, but are very bulky, so I seldom use them except when handgunning. I can't use them with rifles or shotguns at all.

Chris

User Tag List