Thread: USMC targets

USMC targets

I can't find an image of the target Pat Rogers was supposed to have had a hand in designing. It kinda looks like a Gunsite target but had a triangle scoring zone in the head and a narrow vertical stripe down the center. Anybody got one?

While I'm here, what context is the DARE target used and who is/was it used for?

Name:  s-l300.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  8.4 KB

• It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by DMWINCLE View Post
    Were these adopted by Marsoc or am I completely misremembering?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Sorry, no idea. Don't know anything about their history and use, just remembered seeing the targets on that website.

The two standard USMC small arms targets are MPMS1 pistol qualification target and the USMC Threat target. Pat's EAG target was (still is?) available from Tango Down. While it might have been used for some training packages, particularly the one's Pat ran for Force and Det 1 in the past, I do not believe that it was ever adopted as an official target, nor is it available through GSA. Justin Dyal would probably be able to provide a definitive answer though. I'll try to reach out and then report back...
    Last edited by rcbusmc24; 07-18-2019 at 12:54 AM.

Is that important to you?

If so, why?

Site Supporter
    Not that I have seen. I don’t think anything has been “adopted”. I know at the schoolhouse they use a photo-styled torso of various dudes with guns with the silhouette in the OP superimposed on the picture. Also present are (4) one-inch dots split between the L and R upper corners. But they also had a butt-ton if the 5-in “splatter” shoot-n-see style targets as well. But I am not one that would be “in the know” past me shooting with one of the coaches last week and we raided the range shack for targets, ammo, and stands. I showed him the green camo version and he said he hadn’t seen it before. He’s been with Marsoc since it was Recon.
    Last edited by TOTS; 08-11-2019 at 08:07 PM.

User Tag List