Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: High Threat Concealment

Site Supporter

High Threat Concealment

Anyone heard of this company? I searched the forums and couldn't find anything. I have heard good things about them locally, but it's a small sample size.

I'm trying to find a way to conceal my Glock 19 and an extra mag. At only 5-04 and 165 (not fat either), I find it hard to squeeze a gun into IWB. My jeans are normal size and I don't wear super tight clothes or skinny jeans. So am looking at OWB.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

http://highthreatconcealment.com/

Have you considered an offering from Dark Star Gear or JM Custom Kydex?

Those things look huge and not cut to actually conceal.

OP, what IWB holsters have you tried?
    #RESIST

I have not heard of HTC. I'm very well served by IWB/AIWB offerings from Dark Star, FIST and the RCS VG2.

At 5'4" and 165 you must be pretty solid sort of stout. I'm 5'10" (used to be 5' 11" btw) and about that same weight and conceal G19s.

What have you attempted so far?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

No experience with High Threat Concealment, and I'm no longer willing to throw good money at holsters from unknown companies, especially at their prices. A quick ship Raven Phantom for your Glock 19 would be a good choice, as well as JM Custom Kydex.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the replies. Honestly I am a bit of a sissy when it comes to AIWB, and not sure I could go that route.

I have tried Blackhawk IWBs, Galco IWBs, and a Cross Bread super tuck. I guess trying to go cheap is why it seems impossible to make happen, and that OWB was my only real option.

Right now I wear a 31 waist size, but I suppose I could move up to a 32 to give me a little extra room.

I really like the looks of the Raven and JM Custom. Are there any major advantages/disadvantages between the two?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Honestly I am a bit of a sissy when it comes to AIWB, and not sure I could go that route.

I have tried Blackhawk IWBs, Galco IWBs, and a Cross Bread super tuck. I guess trying to go cheap is why it seems impossible to make happen, and that OWB was my only real option.

Right now I wear a 31 waist size, but I suppose I could move up to a 32 to give me a little extra room.

I really like the looks of the Raven and JM Custom. Are there any major advantages/disadvantages between the two?
    JM Custom has a wait and might cost more. I own three JM Custom holsters. However, the new Raven Eidolon looks very nice and ultra configurable. HOWEVER (), Tony from JM Custom will personally work with you via phone and email to find and/or build the holster for your needs.

Bottom line is that you've been trying poorly designed holsters compared to Raven and JM Custom. You may need to go 1" larger on your waist size and I'm wondering if you're using a good, purpose built belt? For what it's worth, there's some big guys who can pull off AIWB (Appendix Inside Waist Band) carry just fine albeit with a proper, quality AIWB holster and quality, purpose built belt so there's no reason you can't pull off IWB (proper and real concealment) with a good belt, good holster, and a cover garment.

No one here is trying to sell you anything. Please learn from our experience.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Anyone heard of this company? I searched the forums and couldn't find anything. I have heard good things about them locally, but it's a small sample size.

I'm trying to find a way to conceal my Glock 19 and an extra mag. At only 5-04 and 165 (not fat either), I find it hard to squeeze a gun into IWB. My jeans are normal size and I don't wear super tight clothes or skinny jeans. So am looking at OWB.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

http://highthreatconcealment.com/
    I just looked at their prices. No. Just no. Dark Star Gear makes my favorite OWB holster and it cost less and looks like it's much better made. Recommend a quality IWB holster from a known good maker.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    there's no reason you can't pull off IWB (proper and real concealment) with a good belt, good holster, and a cover garment.
    A well designed/made LEATHER holster will go a long ways in helping you adapt to IWB. Something like a Milt Sparks VMII would be my recommendation. If you don't like it, they hold nearly all of their resale value on the secondary market

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    A well designed/made LEATHER holster will go a long ways in helping you adapt to IWB. Something like a Milt Sparks VMII would be my recommendation. If you don't like it, they hold nearly all of their resale value on the secondary market
    They're definitely hard to find on the secondary market and get snapped up before I can buy to try.
    #RESIST

User Tag List