Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: LE-Trade in Streamlight TLR1-HL

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Did yours require an adult signature? They tried to deliver mine yesterday but during the 30 minutes nobody was home.
    I have a package that requires an adult signature coming today. I’ll be working..
    Last edited by Coyotesfan97; 07-26-2019 at 09:55 AM.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I have a package that requires an adult signature coming today. I’ll be working..
    Yeah, PITA. My wife is home most of the day, but of course they came the 30 minutes she was gone.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Guess that’s why the shipping is so expensive. I missed my delivery last night too.
    David S.

My light was just left in front of my door the other day. It is in better shape than the one I traded away not too long ago.
    Last edited by snow white; 07-26-2019 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I have 2 of these inbound.

I picked up a new TLR-HL maybe a month ago, so I'll be able to compare these to the new one when they get here.

Between the TLR1-HL and the Protac 2L-Xs (and my trusty old 1L) I'm becoming quite a fan of Streamlight. I'm not a door-kicker so I think these are plenty solid for my needs.
    I purchased plenty of Surefire stuff over the years but the bang for the buck on Streamlights is appreciated.
    Mine showed up (2 of them) and they have hardly any wear. Whatever department issued these should require more drawing from the holster!

No signature required.
    Last edited by Greg; 07-26-2019 at 06:18 PM.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Site Supporter
    Did yours require an adult signature? They tried to deliver mine yesterday but during the 30 minutes nobody was home.
    Yes. They missed me the first day and caught me the second when I came home at lunch.

Yeah, PITA. My wife is home most of the day, but of course they came the 30 minutes she was gone.
    Just as I figured there was a Fed Ex tag on my door. No option to sign it and have the package left. Delivery on the next business day. Monday’s a day off but I’m on standby. I figure I’ll get called out and miss it.

I got mine today. Fortunately the dogs alerted me to the Fed Ex intruder. It looks new. The lense was a little dirty but a Qtip cleaned it up. There’s a minor scratch on the retaining screw. I’m pretty happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I have 2 of these inbound.

I picked up a new TLR-HL maybe a month ago, so I'll be able to compare these to the new one when they get here.

Between the TLR1-HL and the Protac 2L-Xs (and my trusty old 1L) I'm becoming quite a fan of Streamlight. I'm not a door-kicker so I think these are plenty solid for my needs.
    I purchased plenty of Surefire stuff over the years but the bang for the buck on Streamlights is appreciated.
    I have been running Surefire exclusively since 2000 or, but the new Streamlight stuff has recently caught my interest. The HL-X in particular seems like a nice package, and similarly the TLR-HL. How do they compare to the Surefire stuff in terms of durability and reliability?

I've spent a lot of $$ on lights that have become obsolete, and I'm thinking there might be some merit to buying cheaper lights and upgrading them more often. That said, they need to work.

Thanks.

Mine came in on Friday. Looks to be hardly used, minimal carbon fouling. Did discover a blackened blemish on the adhesive drop placed over the LED. Projects a dark spot in the beam.
    Not sure if it's worth thinking about
    Name:  20190728_204901.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  35.7 KB
    Name:  20190728_204740.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  31.2 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List